PDA

View Full Version : Last hand today: questionable aggression?

MastiffPaul
09-20-2004, 05:27 PM
I read earlier about playing any suited face card in a late position if there are loose limpers in. Tried to apply this advice. How did I do?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

River: (11 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 13 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13 BB, between Hero and UTG+1.</font>

lil'
09-20-2004, 05:56 PM
With any hand you are going to call a bet with, you have to ask yourself if you gain more by raising. On this flop, I think you do have something to gain that is worth the extra small bet.

1) You may make a better K fold with a raise.
2) You may get a free card option on the turn.

The way you played it, I think the turn and river bets are automatic.

Luv2DriveTT
09-20-2004, 06:28 PM
UTG+1's call at the end smells like he is crying...

I like the way you played this hand, but I'd raise on the flop (while it is still cheep) to shake things up. Show some agression, become the table captain.

TT in da club /images/graemlins/club.gif