PDA

View Full Version : ANYTHING I Could Have Done Differently?

Tron
09-20-2004, 02:09 PM
PokerRoom 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, BB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has Ks 6h (one pair, kings).
Hero has Kh Jc (two pair, kings and jacks).
MP1 has 9c Td (straight, king high).
Outcome: MP1 wins 10.50 BB. </font>

SomethingClever
09-20-2004, 02:13 PM
Two things.

1) Don't limp from UTG +1 with KJo. Just don't!

2) Thank MP1 for not betting the second nuts. While you're at it, thank BB for being a calling station.

zuluking
09-20-2004, 02:17 PM
Raise pre-flop.

Tron
09-20-2004, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I realized that my first mistake was to play those cards in the first place. Oh well, though.

By the way, your avatar... it's... it's INCREDIBLE.

zuluking
09-20-2004, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I realized that my first mistake was to play those cards in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

The proper play against a loose table (6 or more to the flop) is to raise KJ offsuit from early position. If you can't bring yourself to do that, then just fold.

Octopus
09-20-2004, 02:35 PM
Raising pre-flop is ok here. Because you have the late poster, there is more (potentially) dead money so your standards can go down slightly. (Without the late poster, I would normally fold.) In any case, anytime there is a poster, if you are first in you should strongly consider raising. (If you are the poster, this goes double.)

Post-flop is fine. Don't let it bother you.

challenger84
09-20-2004, 03:06 PM
Raising preflop with KJo UTG+1 is probably pretty neutral EV either way so whether you raise or fold, it probably doesn't matter much. Whatever you do, don't just call, which probably cost you the pot, as 9 10o would most likely have folded. The only other thing to do is PM MP1 and thank him for not raising you with the second nuts.

afk
09-20-2004, 03:17 PM
I fold KJo in this position.

edit: I just checked SSH for this. It's telling me to fold in tighter games and limp in loose games. However, I usually just fold it and wait till I get it in better position.