PDA

View Full Version : Cold Calling with KQs

Diplomatdcm
09-20-2004, 01:31 PM
Party 15, 4 handed
I am on the button with KQs, CO open raises, I cold call,
I hate cold calling it sucks, But in this situation I felt I had too much hand to fold and I did not want to 3 bet B/C I thought I would play differently, Comments, is this reasonable, or generally sucky
Dave
P.S. sorry table was playing pretty AGG. but not insane, the player I cold called seemed loose agg pf. and a little weak post, it was also a broken full game not a 6 max if that makes a difference.

Trix
09-20-2004, 01:52 PM
Why not just 3bet and improve your chance of taking it down vs A-high before showdown ?

Diplomatdcm
09-20-2004, 02:34 PM
I felt if i 3 bet A hi would be more likely to call down, then if i raise the flop, or turn if i hit a draw or he seems less than thrilled about his hand. If you 3 bet pf peopel repsect your post flop action less, or that is the way it appeared.
Dave

bugstud
09-20-2004, 02:41 PM
You'd be suprised how often it doesn't work anymore.

NLSoldier
09-20-2004, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the player I cold called seemed loose agg pf. and a little weak post, it was also a broken full game not a 6 max if that makes a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this calls for an easy 3-bet.

Nate tha' Great
09-20-2004, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the player I cold called seemed loose agg pf. and a little weak post

[/ QUOTE ]

This is EXACTLY the sort of opponent against whom you want to 3-bet.

Peter_rus
09-21-2004, 07:11 AM
I 3-bet KQs to button and CO raises. To UTG raises i able to cold call (and usually do) with KJs-KQs,ATs to make it 3 or more way and proceed only if i flopped something. Higher suited i 3-bet.