PDA

View Full Version : value of a bet and value of money

03-26-2002, 02:54 PM
There is the story . 10-20HE ; 3 of us see the river wich make the board 4c3c10dJh7s . Im in mid-late position with KdKs . SB is still in the hand , and he's very loose sometime passive and sometime aggressive so he's not predictable . He is very rich and even if I win all WSOP tournemnt during the 10 next years , I won't have has much money has him . UTG is a loose-passive old man .

It's check to me and I think during few seconds if I should bet or make a free showdown ; I won't make money if one of them got a club draw or A2 or A5 . I am scared by a 56 . They will call for sure with a pair or tens or jacks . So I decide to bet and unfortunatly SB raises . UTG fold and I quickly call fearing to see a 5-6 . He shows only an A3 . ANd I win . So the SB told me : " I have thrown 40$ in the pot for nothing but it doensn't matter because it worth 40$ to see your face when I check-raise you ! "

03-26-2002, 03:18 PM
Since you had him beat, it wasn't unfortunate he check-raised. And if he's doing it to "see your face," don't give him the satisfaction if you want to avoid it in the future. Keep a "poker" face no matter what happens.

03-26-2002, 04:06 PM
If all I have to do is make a funny face to get someone to give me 2 BB on the river, they will get all the funny faces they can handle.

03-26-2002, 04:11 PM
"Don't give him the satisfaction"?? Pshaw!

By all means, give him the satisfaction. Look astonished, puzzled, shocked, horrified, whatever. And maybe he'll do it again, and you'll collect two extra bets again. He wins, because he gets the satisfaction of croggling you; and you win, because you get the money. What could be better than a win-win situation?

03-26-2002, 05:43 PM
I think I might require a lot more than $40 to let someone "croggle" me. It sounds vaguely unpleasant.

03-26-2002, 06:31 PM
it's actually 80 to let someone "croggle" you since he, presumably, wouldn't call the initial bet if he didn't checkraise. let's call it 60 and assume that he'll look you up with bottom pair half the time.

Now we have the issue of WTF a "croggling" entails. great term. very vivid and descriptive.

03-27-2002, 03:37 AM
He was just bluff-raising and made a joke when it didn't work. The whole point of poker is to croggle one another. You shouldn't take it so personally.

03-27-2002, 05:23 PM
I play at the same game than these two guys...

Belieme me this guy is honest when he says hes happy to pay $40 to see my friends face lol

Its all about da money!!!