PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile, In Saudi Arabia . . .

andyfox
09-20-2004, 12:23 PM
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) - Saudi Arabia does not prevent non-Muslims from practicing their religion, but will never allow public displays of their faith, a senior Saudi cleric reportedly said.

Sheik Ibrahim bin Abdullah al-Ghaith, chief of the powerful religious police, said his group does not detain or punish non-Muslims for practicing their religion, the newspaper Okaz reported Sunday.

He said that while members of the Committee for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice, the formal name for the religious police, don't harass or force non-Muslims to convert, "we will not allow them to publicly practice their religion in this country."

The religious police are charged with ensuring that women are covered in black robes outside their homes, the sexes do not mix in public, shops close five times a day for prayers and men go to mosques for prayers.

"If we discover places where un-Islamic rituals are taking place, we report that to the concerned authorities. We don't arrest or punish anyone," he said.

-The Committee for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice. Orwell would be jealous.

Nepa
09-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Andy,

I'm not a big fan of Saudi Arabia. There culture teaches people not to lie except if is to lie to an American or I should say an infidal. Lying or Killing an infidal is a high honor to them. This may explain why so many of the hijackers on 9-11 were orginally from Saudi Arabia.

You can thank Micheal Savage(A.M. radio host) for these thoughts.

Zeno
09-20-2004, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Orwell would be jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

But not a bit surprised!

I will forgo a tirade against religion and simple say that many religions (but not necessarily all) are, in many ways, a form of mental disease or become such.

-Zeno

ACPlayer
09-20-2004, 07:51 PM
... cozying up to us on oneside and stabbing us in the back on the other.

Why waste our energy(!) on Iraq, Iran, Syria who do us no (or perhaps only little) harm, when we could be attacking the real enemy. Perhaps one should follow the money trail?!?

Jimbo
09-20-2004, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why waste our energy(!) on Iraq, Iran, Syria who do us no (or perhaps only little) harm, when we could be attacking the real enemy. Perhaps one should follow the money trail?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do not fret AC, they will have their turn in the barrell. I'm sure you will be here complaining when we kill the Saudis as well.

Jimbo

ACPlayer
09-20-2004, 09:21 PM
I continue to prefer "ignorant" for your label. Delusional is giving you way too much credit.

Jimbo
09-20-2004, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I continue to prefer "ignorant" for your label. Delusional is giving you way too much credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw, I just like riling up anyone who thinks Cyrus has ever made a sensical post. I appreciate your name calling though, it shows how easy you are to stir up.

Jimbo

ACPlayer
09-20-2004, 09:36 PM
Aye.

Never riled, but I do feel a lot of pity for your ilk. Perhaps its my "liberal" calling.

Jimbo
09-20-2004, 09:52 PM
AC,

One great thing about America is that we will continue to kill Arab terrorists to protect you and your family in spite of yourselves. I would personally fight (and have) to protect your right to express your opinion however wrong it may be.

Jimbo

Abednego
09-20-2004, 09:52 PM
These muslims need a personal relationship with Jesus Christ

ACPlayer
09-20-2004, 10:15 PM
Now THAT is funny! Replace Mohammed with Jesus as the path to the ONE true peaceloving GOD in who's name we can do no wrong. Sheesh.

Jimbo
09-20-2004, 10:18 PM
AC I think he meant an introduction in heavan not a religious conversion. Then again perhaps I am just being optimistic. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jimbo

frizzfreeling
09-20-2004, 10:41 PM
Now THAT is funny! Replace Mohammed with Jesus as the path to the ONE true peaceloving GOD in who's name we can do no wrong. Sheesh

Say what you want about Christians, but I dont see many of them commiting terrorist acts or beheading their enemies (or helpless and unarmed civilians). Matter of fact, Christianity preaches love for your ENEMIES as well as friends. Of course there are exceptions, because every religion has its crackpots. But in general, Christianity is much more docile than Islam.
Just my 2 cents worth. Flame away...

ACPlayer
09-21-2004, 07:01 AM
All organized religions are vehicles for the zealots to control the minds of those who cannot control their own minds. Christianity is no exception.

benfranklin
09-21-2004, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

You can thank Micheal Savage(A.M. radio host) for these thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Michael Savage ever had a thought, it would die of loneliness. He is a mindless, foaming-at-the-mouth, hate-monger. Anything he presents as fact is highly suspect.

Nepa
09-21-2004, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If Michael Savage ever had a thought, it would die of loneliness. He is a mindless, foaming-at-the-mouth, hate-monger. Anything he presents as fact is highly suspect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't get to caught his show too often and disagree with him often but I happen to caught his show on Saudi Arabia and he did come up with alot of great points.