PDA

View Full Version : Limp-Raising aces?

maxpowers21
09-20-2004, 12:21 PM
I understand that this question may be rather silly, but if one is playing in a hyper aggresive 3-6 or tougher 5-10 party game, would trying to limp raise with AA UTG ot UTG+1 be better, if say the pot is going to be raised x% amount of the time to a limper from UTG but not 3-bet and folded far more likely to an UTG raise. I guess my question is are there any loose aggresive game types where limp raising with aces could be correct here?

J.R.
09-20-2004, 12:36 PM
Yes, but the issue is whether there is a disconnect between getting raised by a range of hands unlikely to 3-bet if you raise. If you play 5-10 6-max you give up a lot of because of the chance you will get 3-bet by inferior hands, but in the 3-6 I limp-re-raise AA and KK a lot from EP, because the disconnect is present in that many will isolate with many more hands that they will 3-bet with, IMO. I don't have a default prefercvne in full 5-10 games. But like check-raising for value, which is essentially what you are doing with AA preflop (this is unlike a postflop check-raising to capitalize on a thin edge if you have one and drive others out on the flop or turn), don't limp-reraise unless you can identify who you expect to raise your limp. I prefer to have two raise happy types in MP-LP I can identify before I will limp-reraise.