PDA

View Full Version : Oh, great quote!

Easy E
09-20-2004, 11:34 AM
WHICH planet do these people live on???

<font color="blue"> When a reporter asked Hastert if he thought al Qaeda would operate with more comfort if Kerry were elected, the speaker said, "That's my opinion, yes."

Democratic National Committee Chairman Terry McAuliffe called Hastert's comments "disgraceful," saying there was "no room for this in our political discourse." </font>

From CNN's front page, if you want the whole article

Victor
09-20-2004, 12:22 PM
As far as who Al-Qaeda prefers as president I think it certainly is Bush. The reason is for recruiting and propaganda purposes. I think this has been documented.

benfranklin
09-20-2004, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WHICH planet do these people live on???

Democratic National Committee Chairman Terry McAuliffe called Hastert's comments "disgraceful," saying there was "no room for this in our political discourse."

[/ QUOTE ]

What's even more perverse is a couple paragraphs later in the story. After maintaining that Hastert is way out of line for suggesting that Kerry is weak on al Qaeda, McAuliffe talks out of his other face and criticizes Bush for being weak on al Qeada.

Which planet? With Alice in Wonderland, and McAuliffe is the Red Queen. Words mean exactly what he wants them to, nothing more, nothing less.