PDA

View Full Version : Party "All in" short stack question

OJSimpson
09-20-2004, 11:27 AM
I need some clarification about the poker rules. This happens to me a lot in the Party No Limit tourneys, and Im wondering if this is a Party thing or an actual poker rule.

Lets say betting comes around to you in middle position, and you raise a decent amount. A short stack calls your raise, but raises you the rest of what he has. Then you get another caller of the short stacks raise, but when the option comes to you, you can only call the short stacks raise.

My question is this, why can't I now reraise the caller and bump up the side pot. I ask this because it killed me in the 250K yesterday. About 280 players remaining blinds at 100-200, raised 1500, what I felt was a significant amount with AA, short stack reraises all in another 1000 I believe, another guy calls, and I could only call. Had I been able to reraise, the second caller would have likely folded his 89o. Instead, he picked up a straight draw, called my all in and rivered me for a 13k pot knocking me out 279.

What are the rules on this lack of a reraise option?

willie
09-20-2004, 12:04 PM
i wonder the same thing sometimes.

CountDuckula
09-20-2004, 12:06 PM
It is a standard poker rule, though I don't remember the exact phrasing. I think it basically is that the short stack's all-in has to constitute a raise of more than one-half of the amount of the previous raise in order for you to be able to re-raise. How sure are you that he re-raised you by 1000? It seems that if my understanding is correct, you should have been entitled to another raise.

Someone with more knowledge may be able to explain it better, but in any event, Party isn't being arbitrary or making up their own house rules.

-Mike

GrannyMae
09-20-2004, 01:17 PM
the reraise must not have been the minimum legal raise at that point.