PDA

View Full Version : Bush, Kerry tentatively agree on 3 debates

Easy E
09-20-2004, 11:04 AM
ho-hum

Can anyone name the last televised debate in a national campaign that they felt actually GAVE them some real information?

Nepa
09-20-2004, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bush painted the vice president as a man who would create “a big, exploding federal government.” Gore, sighing loudly at Bush’s points and occasionally shaking his head and smiling, cast his rival as likely to bust the budget with his $1.3 trillion tax cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess Gore did know something.

anatta
09-20-2004, 12:37 PM
Last time the debates were watched by 38-50 million. I have seen estimates of 75 million this time. 32 percent of those polled by pew said the debates would help them make up their minds on who to vote for.

GWB
09-20-2004, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ho-hum

Can anyone name the last televised debate in a national campaign that they felt actually GAVE them some real information?

[/ QUOTE ]

The last 2000 debate taught me that Al Gore was bully (did you see him try to intimidate me?). I won't mention what his sighs taught me about him.

andyfox
09-20-2004, 12:57 PM
I believe the debates should be good for you, since I believe most people like you more than they like your opponent. But they'll be dangerous for you since you are the incumbent and lead in the polls, so there's more for you to lose. If Kerry can keep from being pedantic and make some direct hits, he might be able to benefit from the debates. But he'd better do it right away in the first one.