PDA

View Full Version : How could I escape This?

mattman19
09-20-2004, 10:55 AM
I was playing party poker 10/20 when this hand arrised.
Hero(me) 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif BB.
UTG raises and everyone foldes to Hero.
Hero calls with 44.

Flop comes A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Acting first the Hero checks
UTG whose been playing relatively tight bets
Hero calls.

Turn 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets
UTG raises
By now i put UTG on an A and a face card but no king. I figured he would've checked the flop with top two. I also can't put him on a flush because he's been playing tight the whole night and the A and K of diamionds were on the board (possibly Q J?). To get the most out of my set I call.

River comes 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero checks
UTG bets
Hero raises
UTG reraises
without thinking the Hero caps the river
Was this stupid betting and what hands do u put my opponent on? I will share the results later

Dhaos51
09-20-2004, 11:15 AM
Played the hand well post-flop, good bets.
Too bad you choked on his 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

JimmyV
09-20-2004, 01:58 PM
I'd put in plenty more bets on the turn (nb. opponent may be forced to call with a top diamond) and maybe one fewer on the flop.

But the answer is ultimately that sometimes you eat the bahr and sometimes the bahr eats you.

JimmyV

random
09-20-2004, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I figured he would've checked the flop with top two.

[/ QUOTE ] I hope you do this... never.

roy_miami
09-20-2004, 02:25 PM
AA possibly KK.

STLantny
09-20-2004, 02:30 PM
I was going to ask, as I dont play higher limits online, does an UTG raise just not mean AA/KK anymore or what?

mattman19
09-20-2004, 02:47 PM
My opponent held 88.....oh well. I guesss i could've taken the pot on the flop with a reraise, but my sights were set higher then a 50 dollar win. But still i feel that slow playing sets is the most profitable play. Reason tells me that the odds will prevail and that i will win that hand 92 % of the time after the flop. Anyways thanks to everyone for the help and i hope that the results satisfy your reads

Piers
09-20-2004, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was playing party poker 10/20 when this hand arrised.
Hero(me) 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif BB.
UTG raises and everyone foldes to Hero.
Hero calls with 44.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fold here – Am I too tight?

[ QUOTE ]
Flop comes A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Acting first the Hero checks
UTG whose been playing relatively tight bets
Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

The two diamonds would push me towards raising, but it looks close.

[ QUOTE ]

Turn 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm no check raise?

[ QUOTE ]

UTG raises

[/ QUOTE ]

I am beginning to get nervous.

[ QUOTE ]
I figured he would've checked the flop with top two

[/ QUOTE ]

What???? Checking the flop would never have occurred to me, especially with two cards.

[ QUOTE ]

River comes 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero checks
UTG bets
Hero raises
UTG reraises

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but the guy has managed to convince me he’s got something. I think capping is too much.

steveyz
09-20-2004, 06:27 PM
I probably fold this pre-flop. If anyone else called though, I'd be in.

James282
09-20-2004, 06:47 PM
You should have put more bets in on the turn as AxQd is a distinct possiblity. Obviously, you should not have put as much as you did on the river, though I love your turn bet if you intend on going for a three-bet but hate it if you just call.
-James