PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have an Excel Spreadsheet That Can Evaluate Poker Hands?

Lost Wages
09-20-2004, 10:43 AM
Say for hold'em you could put your hole cards in one cell, the board cards in another and the output cell would say "Full House", "Two Pair" or whatever. Anyone have such a thing or feel up to the task? I have a non-trivial use for such a thing.

Lost Wages

fnord_too
09-20-2004, 11:34 AM
I have some java code for that sort of thing, but I don't have an interface set up for that specific task. btw, if you ever play at Royal Vegas, you can turn on a hand reading feature which will tell you what your current hand is. (which can be handy in omaha, where I still occasionally misread my hand)

dabluebery
09-21-2004, 10:21 AM
I wrote an Excel spreadsheet that did the following;

1) shuffled a deck of cards
2) dealt cards to 10 players
3) folded crappy hands ( I can elaborate)
4) dealt the flop, turn, and river.
5) figured out the best 5 card hand (of the 7) for each player.
6) calculated the winning hand.

It's almost perfect. It uses NO VBA, all internal excel functions. There's one thing that doesn't work, and I haven't gotten to fix it yet. It doesn't properly evaluate an under-fullhouse versus and over-fullhouse.

And there "might" be a problem with straight flushes. Not sure. These issues are on "my list."

I could easily made small modifications to my spreadsheet to make it do what you wanted. What are YOU looking for, though, before I do anything?

Rob

Nottom
09-21-2004, 06:33 PM
I have an excell spread sheet that calulates the "Key Number" for the improved system and tells me when to push. Since all my decisions are made preflop I don't have to worry about all that other stuff.