PDA

View Full Version : Too passive?

mistrpug
09-20-2004, 09:47 AM
I've been posting on here for a little while now but this is the first hand I posted for review.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $2. Hero posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

That's a big draw, should I cap the flop? At the end, take a stab on the river?

Lost Wages
09-20-2004, 10:02 AM
Preflop, you might consider raising but I won't argue with checking.

On the flop, you missed an easy cap. Your draw will come in &gt;50% of the time by the river.

I would probably go ahead and take a shot on the river since the way the hand played out it looks like both of your opponents could have been on a draw. Note that if you had capped the flop you would be in better position to pull this off.

Lost Wages