PDA

View Full Version : Moving up in limits and poker tracker

DBowling
09-20-2004, 05:15 AM
Ill be moving from PP 25$ to 50$ nl and was wondering if most people have a seperate database or use the same. When would having a seperate database be used? I could also keep them on the same database and just use the filters as needed. What do you guys think/do?

Rudbaeck
09-20-2004, 09:08 AM
Each database can only hold 100,000 hands, so that's the main reason to use a new one.

If you are neat you might want to use one for each limit. If your system isn't state of the art this will probably speed things up a bit as well.

RED_RAIN
09-20-2004, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Each database can only hold 100,000 hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wondering, is this for sure?

RED_RAIN
09-20-2004, 06:13 PM
It's nice to see notes on players that might move up with you, even though you could just combine the note exporter to look at multiple databases, I just like to have everything together in one spot.

Rudbaeck
09-21-2004, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Each database can only hold 100,000 hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wondering, is this for sure?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, pokertracker uses Access databases, and they have that limit. It's going to be fixed in the next major release.

Or so I could have sworn that I read, but now I can find nothing about it on the PT help pages. Maybe I'm not recalling things correctly.

Well, it's a pretty small limitation if it is so, as you can have multiple databases open at once anyway.

SamIAm
09-26-2004, 04:44 PM
The databases aren't limited by number of hands, but rather size of the file. In the version of Access natively used by PTracker, you can only have 1G. If you upgrade the database to Access2003, that restriction is increased to 2G.

This isn't officially supported by the PTracker HQ, but nobody seems to have had any problems with it. Do a search for "Access 2003" on the PTracker forum, and you'll probably find it.

-Sam