PDA

View Full Version : T6s versus maniac

Danenania
09-20-2004, 03:47 AM
MP1 is a maniac through and through. Stats: 76/32, very aggressive postflop. I also think he's mad at me. How is my play?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.33 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (2.16 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 10.16 BB

jrobb83
09-20-2004, 04:10 AM
The flop call is very very thin, but probably worth making if you are sure you can squeeze every drop out of him if you hit it.

If you plan on betting the river, why not cap the turn?

bad beetz
09-20-2004, 04:24 AM
fold the flop.

however, if he's a true maniac, then I like the turn and river play

Danenania
09-20-2004, 04:08 PM
I didn't think my flop call was that close with up to 9 outs for improvement (overcard, gutshot, backdoor flush) getting 3.3 to 1. I only have to make up ~1 SB after the flop for the call to pay off. With this guy I thought I could make well more.

I'm more interested in the stop 'n go aspect of the hand than anything else. My thinking in this situation was that this line gets about the right amount of bets in whereas other lines might go overboard. I wasn't quite up for ramming and jamming with my weak top pair, but I did want to squeeze a couple extra bets out of him.

Results, btw: Maniac flips 6s4s and MHIG.

Jonny Melon
09-20-2004, 04:15 PM
Flop call is fine. I call the 3-bet on the turn and check-call the river. Just because he's a maniac doesn't mean he can't get a hand from time to time, and your hand is just...ok. Also, if he is a maniac, then he likely would've bluffed on the river, and you would have gotten the same number of bets out of him anyway, without leaving yourself open to a river raise that you don't want to see.