PDA

View Full Version : Raymer on cover of cigar aficionado

baggins
09-20-2004, 01:55 AM
a customer had a copy of the magazine at my work this evening, and i happened to look, and there i see none other than our own Fossilman.

anybody else see this?

Zele
09-20-2004, 08:51 AM
Actually, I happened to see the same cover at Iwan Ries on Wabash. Cheers, fellow Chicagoan.

I would almost rather be on the cover of CA than Time or Newsweek. You have to exude a certain amount of class to get on the former, scumbag or not (and no, I'm not saying Fossilman is a scumbag. I'm talking Steve Wynn.)

baggins
09-21-2004, 02:13 AM
greetings. where do you play in chicago?

yeah, CA is much more prestigious in my eyes.

mike l.
09-21-2004, 03:02 AM
yeah that wasnt him. that was rush limbaugh.

jasonHoldEm
09-21-2004, 03:47 AM
http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/Graphics/TOC/CA-Sept-Oct.04-inside.jpg (http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA_Home/In_this_Isssue/0,2510,,00.html)

Not rush...click on image to link to article teaser

mike l.
09-21-2004, 03:56 AM
oops my mistake, they look so alike..

(psst dude...down here.... i was just making a joke)

Nepa
09-21-2004, 11:28 AM
Anyone read this yet? I saw it at the local cigar shop and thought that I could read the story online. I was just wondering if it was worth 5 bucks to buy the magazine.

[ QUOTE ]
A family man, with an allergy to alcohol and sporting a set of sunglasses he picked up at Disney World, Raymer is not your typical gambling guru,

[/ QUOTE ]

The allergy to alcohol must suck.

jasonHoldEm
09-21-2004, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(psst dude...down here.... i was just making a joke)

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/blush.gif

This is what I get for posting at 4 am.

Jeffage
09-21-2004, 08:42 PM
I think its worth a buy...very interesting article on Raymer, plus I just think it's a cool mag to add to the collection. I got it while on a cigar run also /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jeff

Nepa
09-21-2004, 08:47 PM
Maybe I'll pick up a copy. Hey are you going to play any touraments at the Taj this week? I was going to play on Friday but Dammit, I just got a job today.

Sponger15SB
09-21-2004, 08:48 PM
World's Greatest Poker Player????

Its like they got people from some womens magazine that rediculous cover blurb (lose 50 lbs in 20 days, pleasure your man in 1 easy step, get the job you always wanted, etc).

(side note: I /images/graemlins/heart.gif editing posts)

Aceshigh7
09-22-2004, 12:38 AM
I bought this magazine and it was worth it. There are two very large poker articles. One on the WSOP in general and one focusing on Greg Raymer. The articles are well done and detailed. They are not the typical poker articles written in a dumbed down manner with an eye towards laypersons. These are articles that I think the serious poker player will appreciate.

Toro
09-22-2004, 04:36 PM
Just picked up a copy of CA with FossilMan on the cover. Nice shirt, Greg. I assume the wife approves of the "makeover".