PDA

View Full Version : cashing out "review process"

nopointinnames
09-20-2004, 01:30 AM
I play on partypoker and am not 21. I have built a solid bankroll of over 3000 dollars. I know this question has been probably asked before and I apologized. I have searched the forums with no luck. I did report being 22 when I signed up though. What is the chance of successfully cashing out? Any tips on going about this? All my other information is correct. Has anyone else here been able to cash out of partypoker being underage? Thanks.

daryn
09-20-2004, 01:33 AM
lying about your age is probably a stupid idea. i think party is 18+ anyway...

sthief09
09-20-2004, 01:41 AM
yeah, party's 18+, which makes lying about one's age even dumber

nopointinnames
09-20-2004, 02:07 AM
Well you still have to be 21+ because I live in the US.

Thythe
09-20-2004, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well you still have to be 21+ because I live in the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the last thing that Party Poker cares about. They don't have to abide by US laws.

nopointinnames
09-20-2004, 02:19 AM
That is true, but: "You may only participate in the Games if you are over 18 years of age and it is legal for you to do so according to the laws that apply in the jurisdiction from where you are connecting."

Hopefully they wouldn't care, but if they are cheap and want to save every dime. Also is this any kind of tax issue with taking out 3 grand?

bicyclekick
09-20-2004, 02:28 AM
I highly doubt they are going to look or care.

mrface
09-20-2004, 02:43 AM
I'm under 21 and live in the US, and have had absolutely no problems at all cashing out on party poker. I wouldn't worry about it. Though, as others have said, lying about your age was pretty pointless and stupid.

Panace50
09-20-2004, 07:56 AM
a friend did the same thing when he was 20, and got in lots of hassles when they asked him to produce ID for a large cashout. He also felt rather silly when he found out the age was only 18. It might have been when he added an Empire account and by then he was over 21 so he automatically gave the right info. It has been a while. The bad news, it was a big hassle. The good news,he did get it resolved.

Be prepared to show ID that shows your correct age. I hope you just changed one number, that is relatively easy to explain as a typo. You might want to transfer some money out of your account before you try a cashout. However, be sure that the person you transfer to knows what you are doing, because party can freeze your buddy's account too.

In other words, this can be quite a mess, because party doesn't just let incorrect information slide by. They are getting especially fussy about it when it is tied to someone who has opened multiple accounts.

ctv1116
09-20-2004, 09:20 AM
Just cashout a little at a time and it shouldn't be too big of a problem. There's probably some limit (i'll throw out 5K), at which they take a very close look at your history. Just cashout less than 500 the first time; they seem to take longer for the first cashout and subsequent cashouts are lightning fast.

OldLearner
09-20-2004, 10:30 AM
How about if I send you a cheque for 3,000 and once it has cleared in your bank account you transfer the 3,000 in your Party account to mine.

I don't care how old you are.

nopointinnames
09-20-2004, 10:47 AM
Yeah but did you put your real age on there or did you make one up?

InchoateHand
09-20-2004, 10:58 AM
Sounds like a great idea. I am currently out of the country travelling on state business, but I'll have my Nigerian Prince/OilMinister/Car Salesman/Etc. associate draw it up immediately.
Most Gracious Thanks for your Generosity
-Mubata Ntome