PDA

View Full Version : KK between a rock and a fish.....

ArchonsEngine
09-20-2004, 01:19 AM
UTG is a rock and PlayAny2 is.....well, that should be obvious. /images/graemlins/smile.gif CO is new to the table, so no read yet. It's a fairly-typical PP .5/1 table, though the two on my right are both very tight. I was definitely worried about UTG's PF raise and willingness to open the action on this flop, but thought my hand was strong enough (and the pot big enough) to warrant facing the others with 2 cold. Any comments appreciated.

Thanks!

--ArchonsEngine

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 <font color="purple">(PlayAny2)</font> calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">PlayAny2 3-bets</font>, CO calls, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, PlayAny2 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, PlayAny2 calls, CO calls.

River: (20.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, PlayAny2 calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 23.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has Kc Kh (full house, kings full of jacks).
PlayAny2 has 9s Ah (two pair, aces and jacks).
CO has Th Qh (straight, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 23.75 BB. </font>

Nottom
09-20-2004, 01:33 AM
I think a very good case could be made for folding on the flop.

ArchonsEngine
09-20-2004, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think a very good case could be made for folding on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably should've mentioned I planned to check/fold the turn unimproved.

--ArchonsEngine

Nottom
09-20-2004, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably should've mentioned I planned to check/fold the turn unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't really change the fact that you put in 3 bets on the flop chasing a 2-outer.

ArchonsEngine
09-20-2004, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't really change the fact that you put in 3 bets on the flop chasing a 2-outer.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're absolutely right.....I just reread my reply to your first comment and couldn't believe I'd said it. *shakes head at self*

I almost certainly should've folded this, and definitely shouldn't have raised. Sometimes I guess you just need to try to defend a stupid play before you realize that it was.

--ArchonsEngine