PDA

View Full Version : Interesting hand I thought...

SparkyDog
09-20-2004, 12:50 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 <font color="purple">(Fish)</font> calls, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP2 <font color="purple">(Fish)</font> calls.

VP$IP for Fish is like 80%, with a 20% PFR. So I figure that my hand is better than his, and I'm in a spot to isolate him. I'm out of position, which sucks.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Fish raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Fish calls.

I peg him for a pair, and decide that I'm a slight favorite to him with the flush draw, overcard, and gutshot draw. So I raise and see how much of a hand he has. Not worth a cap, so I'm sticking to my read.

Turn: (6 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Fish calls.

Yay, his draw doesn't get there. I bet.

River: (8 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Fish calls.

Yay, I improve again. I bet again. He calls again.

Final Pot: 10 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10 BB, between Fish and Hero.</font>

Comments? If nothing else I thought it was a fun hand...

wall_st
09-20-2004, 01:55 AM
Ok Im new here and am in no position whatsoever to give advice in any way shape or form, but I would have folded this preflop, if I am wrong to do this someone please let me know.

uuDevil
09-20-2004, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have folded this preflop, if I am wrong to do this someone please let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

With about 38% equity, Q8s is a favorite over 2 random hands (and MP2 is playing nearly random hands), so folding can't be right. However, I would have just called preflop unless the big blind was noticeably tight.

Saint_D
09-20-2004, 02:35 AM
Wall St., yeah, that's a pretty clear folding hand. However, he is in the small blind. Also, his notes about this player show him to be very weak. If he can isolate this guy with any reasonable hand he has a good chance to take him to the cleaners.

This is the flop he is praying for with those cards. A flopped flush being a little scary lest the bad guy beat him with a 1 card flush. A strait flush would, of course, be sweet, but I have never seen one, much less a flopped one.

What would you do if you were capped on the flop? I would fear an A high flush. But I would put your edge at 2:1. Based on the card odds and the fact this player could have about anything.

You hit the strait on the turn. If he has the flush draw, his play is correct here. If he is on 2pr or a set, the pot is big enough that calling is still correct.

The flush on the river would make me heave a big sigh of relief. He doesn't bet back at you, so if he had the nut flush, he played it all wrong.

A/images/graemlins/spade.gif x/images/graemlins/spade.gif or K/images/graemlins/spade.gif x/images/graemlins/spade.gif is beating you. But that seems pretty unlikely. Getting sucked out by A/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif might make it sting less.