PDA

View Full Version : Party 10+1 Bubble Situations -- Help

Huskiez
09-20-2004, 12:21 AM
I've been having some trouble with these Party 10+1s, especially when it comes to play with 4-6 people left. I'm not sure whether it's bad beats or bad play, or both. Wanted to know what you would do in the following situations?

Situation 1: 6 opponents left. Stack size is 640, lowest stack.
Dealt 77 UTG. Blinds are 25-50. You raise it to 150, SB (1565) calls, rest fold. Flop is KTTr. SB checks. Your move?

Situation 2: 6 opponents left. Stack size is 1205, 4th highest.
Dealt 88 on button. Blinds 50-100. UTG+1 (1430) calls, CO (1770) min-raises. Your move?

Situation 3: 8 opponents left. Stack size 715, 5th highest.
Dealt ATs in BB. Blinds are 25-50. UTG+1, MP1, MP2, SB limp. Your move? (If you check, flop comes Q64, two of your suit. Your plan for the hand?

Situation 4: 4 opponents left. Stack size is 1980, 3rd highest.
Dealt A8s as button. Blinds are 150-300. UTG folds. Your move? (SB has stack size 700, BB 2700)

I understand some of the play might be player dependent. But assume normal Party players if you can. Thanks in advance for responses.

ChrisV
09-20-2004, 02:13 AM
(1) Wait a few seconds and check. If I have the best hand I will likely get another stab at it on the turn. No hurry.

(2) Fold. Not beating anything very solidly.

(3) (Edited, misread it the first time)
I'll check preflop. If anyone calls me if I push, I'm in deep deep trouble, and there's too many runners.

On the flop my plan is likely to involve not committing many chips to the pot. I'll check and if anyone makes a pot size bet I'm going to have to fold. If anyone makes a girlie bet, I'll checkraise allin.

(4) Yeesh. Harder than the others.

I need to prevent SB running a steal here, plus the hand is just too good to fold. Normally my move here would be allin, but I fear getting taken out by the BB.

Allin is still the play, I think. BB will not really want to tangle with me and SB is not so short stacked that I'm guaranteed a place here.

Jason Strasser
09-20-2004, 04:34 AM
Even though i hate uconn, i feel obligated to post.

Spot one, opponent dependant. If you don't like these spots, I suggest just pushing preflop. Its 13xbb, and not a crime in my book. I'd say on a flop like this I'll usually end up pushing against an unknown, and check/folding unless a 7 comes on the turn. I think you should make your decision on the flop though.

Hand 2: Very simple fold. Very simple.

Hand 3: I push preflop, unless for some reason a lot of people limp-raise, or tend to make this call with 44 a lot in your game. If I saw the flop, I'd push that too.

Hand 4: Easy push. Your hand has plenty of value to push here.

I hope that you aren't taking into account Xth highest stack into any of decisions. As far as I can tell, they really don't come into play for any of these situations.

Good luck,
-Jason

parappa
09-20-2004, 04:46 AM
While I think that Jason's advice is always valuable, I'd play a couple of these a little more weakly at 10+1 because I don't feel that aggression is rewarded as much as it might be in tighter/tougher games.

1. I agree with the 3xbb preflop raise, but I regard this as a semi-steal. I check behind on the flop.
2. Easy fold.
3. I check and call smallish bets. I'm not going to commit a significant portion of my stack here. If I can draw to the flush cheaply, they'll still pay me off if I hit it. If not, I think I can get all my chips in in a better spot later.
4. I think that this is a pretty easy, though uncomfortable push. There's no reason to lie down until you're in 2d because your stack is decimated before you get therer. So, opening with 6xbb on the button, I think that A8s is a pretty easy push. Of course, if BB calls and you lose you'll feel dumb, but when BB calls with KJ and you win, you'll feel smart, so it evens out /images/graemlins/smile.gif