PDA

View Full Version : 20-40 Taj Hand....Tricky Turn Situation

Jeffage
09-19-2004, 10:55 PM
In a great 20-40 game at the Taj (very loose, pretty aggressive). I have Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button. Two limpers to an aggressive (but not totally stupid) young player who raises. Average player coldcalls, total lunatic in the cutoff then coldcalls. I coldcall. We can hash over the preflop call all you want, but I don't think it's that bad...I know the blinds will come (in fact the SB is already calling out of turn) and I am getting multiway action and the button. SB calls, BB calls. 8 way action. Flop is J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Check to the young player who bets, average player folds, lunatic in the cutoff raises. I coldcall. All fold back to the young player who calls. The turn is the 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif to give me the superdraw. Young player checks, lunatic surprisingly checks. What's your play?

Thanks,
Jeff

Diplomatdcm
09-19-2004, 11:54 PM
PF is fine, with multi way action,
I think I would prolly 3 bet the flop,
on the turn I bet when checked to.
Dave

stoxtrader
09-19-2004, 11:55 PM
I think you check it through.

1. - it avoids a weird c/r
2. - you probably get to raise the river if you hit
3. - you are 2.1:1 against making your hand (not counting pairing as an out), and so i guess its close to even money if both guys call, do you get any folding equity here at all? But if you bet, you probably only get one bet on the river anyway if checked to you and while yo uwin the same when you hit, it costs an extra bet when you miss.

nichtgut
09-20-2004, 04:30 AM
I think chances are big that CO has the KQ, and PFR could have AQ, AK or a pair, I'd bet the turn and go for it on the river as well.

But I'm,
Nicht Gut

3rdCheckRaise
09-20-2004, 04:46 AM
I know that you have a superdraw but...i still check there.Young player is going for a CR as he knows that lunatic will surely bet here and 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.giflooks like something nobody can use on that board. Your bet will not fold anybody on that table so just take a free one...

Jeffage
09-21-2004, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the responses. As soon as the chips left my hand to bet the turn, I knew I screwed up. The young player looked surprised it was me that bet and not the lunatic, but he still raised. The lunatic folded. I called. The river bricked off. The young player bet and I folded. Thanks for the comments and any others appreciated.

Jeff

SA125
09-21-2004, 10:02 PM
Looks like the 20-40 Taj is the same as the 10-20. Sh*t central, anything goes. Coldcalling there against numerous loosey's you've looked in the eye and sized up into a probable 8 way with Q9s seems beyond okay.

I like stox's line on this.

Steve A.

STLantny
09-21-2004, 10:28 PM
different angle....did you note this? The young player PROBABLY should not have check-raised in that situation. I actually would have called that down, just to see what he holds, and figure if he really understands the game or not.

DcifrThs
09-21-2004, 10:36 PM
this to me seems pretty straightforward...

if you want to call preflop you MUST check this turn.

nobody folds a better hand here, you're against two opponents. if you call preflop you're doing so in part because the value of the button gives you the option to negate the possibility of being checkraised here and you can take the free card (their mistake) at infinite odds.

not tricky imo.

-Barron