PDA

View Full Version : Too Aggro w/A8s?

me454555
09-19-2004, 10:55 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.50 BB, won by MP1.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to MP1.</font>

1p0kerb0y
09-19-2004, 11:16 PM
It looks good to me. You want to avoid situations were you are betting and then folding on the same round, but this is one of the instances where I feel it is OK.

DonkeyKong
09-19-2004, 11:28 PM
since no pre-flop raise, I don't think AQ is likely here... Its A4 or a flush-draw... with possibility of a set (but I wouldn't play thinking this)...

When I have a pair of Aces with a mid-kicker but no pre-flop raise and short-handed, I consider this a situation where the big taboo --- 'checking and calling' is actually ok... You aren't worried about an overcard beating you so giving a free card is ok if it gets checked through... you are either beat on the flop and drawing to 3 outs or you will likely induce a bluff with a check. However, I would prefer this with a minimum of a kicker... maybe 9... you are playing with fire but many others will play 'any Ace' (even offsuit) so I think the right thing to do is limit it to 2 BB's by checking and calling but looking the guy up....

Since your kicker is under 9, I think you played it right