PDA

View Full Version : Overpair and confused.

AdamL
09-19-2004, 10:40 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $3. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 (poster) calls, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, SB calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (22.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 25.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 25.50 BB, between Hero, MP1 and SB.</font>

luckycharms
09-19-2004, 10:53 PM
I'm a NL player trying to transition back to limit, so I'm not the best source of info for this situation, but I'll do my best.

The preflop play is standard, and I like it.

I absolutely adore your flop raise, though it is also standard

The turn... ugggggh the turn. I don't like your turn play. Even at this level (it's no .50/1, but it's even less so a 10/20,) there will probably be a caller with bottom pair. When the board pairs low and there are 4 people in the pot, I give the benefit of the doubt and fold with an overpair, unless there's an obscene amount of money in the pot. With the 3-bet, there's NO WAY I'm calling. 67 (for the straight) is an often played hand, 2 spades (for the flush,) though drawing, will screw up your hand 1/5th of the time. Additionally, there is always an outside chance of a set (which at this point is a full or quad) Finally, TT-AA could be out there as well. My turn logic would've hovered between folding or coldcalling the bet... this might be the incorrect logic, but I'm a more cautious player who has seen too many med. pocket pairs busted by small sets, etc.

I wouldn't have made it to the river, but if I did, I think it's a coinflip over call or fold. Either one seems to have about the same EV, but I'd lean toward folding.

Hope this helps.