PDA

View Full Version : QQ vs Collusion

jrobb83
09-19-2004, 10:03 PM
The two opponents were suspected colluders, constantly in pots together, and had been doing things like pumping pots, one 3-betting and then folding for one more bet on the river, etc. They were doing a terrible job. They were so obvious that some players at the table were talking about them colluding during this hand, and I decided to stay and play with them for a while.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18.75 BB, between MP2 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP2 (18.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP2 has 5h Qd (three of a kind, fives).
Hero has Qh Qs (two pair, queens and fives).
Outcome: MP2 wins 18.75 BB. </font>

The only reason I called the river was the possibility of collusion: it looked like they were trying to buy me out of the pot. If you were colluding, how would you play it? If you were me and knew that they were colluding, how would you play it?

brick
09-19-2004, 10:15 PM
I think they did a pretty good job colluding on this one.

If they held a crappy hand BB would bet and MP2 would raise. This would be more likely to force you out.

If they held a good hand MP2 would bet and BB would raise trapping you for 2 bets.

Maybe report them and find a different table.

jrobb83
09-19-2004, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If they held a crappy hand BB would bet and MP2 would raise. This would be more likely to force you out.

If they held a good hand MP2 would bet and BB would raise trapping you for 2 bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's the way I would do it on the river, but they didn't do it like that. MP2 then 3-bet, still making it two more bets back to me. I would have folded if I didn't suspect collusion, and they would have only made 1 bet. They got greedy and it paid off because I thought they were bullying me out of a big pot.

Nate tha' Great
09-19-2004, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I decided to stay and play with them for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the worst EV decision that's been posted here in some time. Get the hell off the table and do your duty by notifying Party staff ASAP.

jrobb83
09-19-2004, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's the worst EV decision that's been posted here in some time. Get the hell off the table and do your duty by notifying Party staff ASAP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I left directly after this hand. They appeared to be pretty bad, so I stayed and played, but this hand made me leave.

I think with a decent strategy, these colluders could have been beaten, though.

luckycharms
09-19-2004, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If you were me and knew that they were colluding, how would you play it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold the river..... isn't that obvious?

jrobb83
09-19-2004, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Fold the river..... isn't that obvious?

[/ QUOTE ]

To the initial bet you mean?

I guess in hindsight it would be, but their line was so confusing I called. Then when it was back to me for 2 more it looked like they wanted me to fold. Maybe they weren't as bad at it as I thought....

But still blatantly obvious.