PDA

View Full Version : QQ in the Bad Place

bisonbison
09-19-2004, 09:34 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 <font color="purple">(Decent)</font> raises</font>, MP1 <font color="purple">(Calling Station)</font> calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 <font color="purple">(No Read)</font> calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button <font color="purple">(LittleLoose&amp;Wierd)</font> calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 <font color="purple">(Decent)</font> calls, MP1 <font color="purple">(Calling Station)</font> calls, MP3 <font color="purple">(No Read)</font> calls.

Flop: (19.33 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
UTG checks, Decent checks, Calling Station checks, <font color="CC3333">No Read bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">LittleLoose&amp;Wierd raises</font>, UTG folds, Decent folds, Calling Station folds, No Read calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.66 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
No Read checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">LittleLoose&amp;Wierd bets</font>, No Read calls, Hero folds...

spamuell
09-19-2004, 09:38 PM
Why didn't you raise the flop? This seems to me more like one of those co-ordinated boards with an extremely vulnerable hand where you can make the field face two cold so you do type of hands rather than one of those waiting until the turn to maximise your edge type of hands.

If the flop action had gone bet-call-call-call-call to you then I think a call is best, but as it was I much prefer a raise.

sthief09
09-19-2004, 09:40 PM
hmmm, I wouldn't fold there I don't think. you're closing the action, you'll get to showdown cheaply, and you're getting almost 15-1.

Brain
09-19-2004, 09:41 PM
Yuck, I've had this happen to me on more than one or five occasions this weekend. I think you're fine to fold this here.

Would it be worth raising the flop and if you get 3bet, dumping it there?

BottlesOf
09-19-2004, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would it be worth raising the flop and if you get 3bet, dumping it there?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this basically sucks. People will 3-bet draws or hands you can out draw. It's much better to call and see a turn than to try this, IMO.

BaronVonCP
09-19-2004, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hmmm, I wouldn't fold there I don't think. you're closing the action, you'll get to showdown cheaply, and you're getting almost 15-1.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd have to call the river too.

colgin
09-19-2004, 10:07 PM
If No Read had check-raised the turn here I would not be able to muck my hand fast enough. Since No Read has slowed down, however, your effective odds for showing down your Queens are probably around 8:1. Given that the Button could have hand like top pair + a str8 or flush draw I think I call this one down (or at least call the turn getting around 15:1).

Tosh
09-19-2004, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 <font color="purple">(Decent)</font> raises</font>, MP1 <font color="purple">(Calling Station)</font> calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 <font color="purple">(No Read)</font> calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button <font color="purple">(LittleLoose&amp;Wierd)</font> calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 <font color="purple">(Decent)</font> calls, MP1 <font color="purple">(Calling Station)</font> calls, MP3 <font color="purple">(No Read)</font> calls.

Flop: (19.33 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
UTG checks, Decent checks, Calling Station checks, <font color="CC3333">No Read bets</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder how often from this point:
a) we will get to a showdown cheaply, and
b) we will have the winner

sfer
09-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Good post. Cheap and often enough to get to the river and see if the water seems calm.

bdk3clash
09-19-2004, 10:39 PM
"Up the butt, Bob?" (http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/newlywed.htm)

I know that you can't protect this hand on the flop because the pot is so big, but part of me thinks it's so draw heavy that it's profitable to jam the flop and hope to dodge /images/graemlins/diamond.gifs and OESDs/gutshots.

I totally understand folding to the craptacular turn, but this pot feels too big to give up without a fight.

I wouldn't have folded the turn if I had just called the flop--I'm fine calling here and playing poker.

sthief09
09-19-2004, 10:48 PM
you can't win by folding

sfer
09-19-2004, 10:49 PM
I had to make room for Barry, but you're right.

bisonbison
09-20-2004, 01:20 AM
sfer, is your location counting down to Bonds passing Aaron?

Also, river came T of flush. check, check, two sets split the straight.

I still feel uncertain about this whole postflop.

Flop: I would bet if checked to, but beyond that... I don't know.

bigfishead
09-20-2004, 01:38 AM
Hero tragically gives away to many pots in late position to single bets from behind. Sadly played.

Flop raise.

Turn: check raise or bet are your only options. Folding is not.

River: check/call take it down when guy shows down top and bottom pair that gets counterfeited on the river. Hmmmm....

ugly flop for this hand but routine. I would tend to say you will win enough times to show a profit rather than mucking on the turn to save 2 bets. Weak.

sfer
09-20-2004, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
sfer, is your location counting down to Bonds passing Aaron?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it is. I figure in a week or so, if he gets pitches to hit, I can put Josh back up. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif