PDA

View Full Version : 2 Table sitngo's, advantage of early action, knockouts. Praying Manti

blendedsuit
09-19-2004, 09:13 PM
In a two table sitngo at stars, if two people get knocked out from your table before one player at the other table, then a player must be moved from the full table( currently 9) to your (curently 7) in order to balance the tables. When this player arrives, lets say that the player has about an average chip stack, just around T1500. Now your table has the original 1500 x 9 + another 1500 chips. So there is 15,000 chips in play around you, and the opposing table is limited to only 12,000.

Before the merge occurs when only 9 players remain overall, the players at the other table will be at a significant disadvantage. With only 12,000 spread amongst them, there is a different type of strategy taht needs to be used at the table with less chips.

Imagaine that the tables are evenly balanced at 8 players apiece. Now at the table with 15,000 two more players are eliminated before one player sitting at the second table. So another player is forced to move. The chip amounts will be even more drastic, 16,500 vs. 10,500 (assuming the random player moved had an avg sized stack).

Any thoughts on this matter are greatly appreciated. =]

PrayingMantis
09-19-2004, 10:00 PM
Well, since my ID appears on the title (at least some of it /images/graemlins/tongue.gif), I'll try to answer, although I'm sure other posters here might have more interesting things to say.

First, issues regarding distribution of chips at different tables are a day to day matter in multi-table tournaments. So I'd suggest you post it also on the MTT forum, and get some answers from the MTT experts.

But anyway, I think there are much more important factors (and MANY factors) to decide on which table you'll have an advantage, than simply counting chips at play. But if all players are equally skilled (whatever that means, I could never really relate to arguments that assume "equally skilled players"), I'd say that a player who sits at the "richer" table has some minor advantage over a player at the other table. *However*, in real-life, sitting at a table that has a huge stack, especially without position, can be a serious disadvantage.

In other words, if you show me two such tables, and tell me to choose where I want to sit, I'd be much more interested in my specific position in relation to other stacks, more than the table chip-count. If I can't choose my position, well, it's a tough one... and I'll tend to go for where there are more chips (as that what I'll tend to do at a NL ring game, choose a table with more money that can go my way, as long as I'm not a really small stack).

I hope this helps.