PDA

View Full Version : PP Million...Who Busts Out Here?

BubbleBoy
09-19-2004, 07:17 PM
Ok, this was after the first break. I don't remember all the details but it goes something like this:

I had around 1,500, just below average. Blinds at 50/100, CO limps in and I am in SB with a pair of NINES. I thought about raising to get him to drop, but thought that was too risky with only NINES. Anyway, who raises here?

I complete and BB checks (they both had me covered). Flop is Q,10, rag (suits don't matter). It gets checked around. Who bets here? Turn is another rag (no straight or flush possibilities). It gets checked around again! Who bets here? Next card is a NINE. Pot is 300 and I bet 200. BB folds and CO raises to something like 774. I thought he might have had two pair of something and the chances of him having K,J are slim. So I go all-in. He thought and thought and thought and called.

Of course, he had made the nut straight and I went out! Don't know what took him so long to call. Anyway, how would you play this differently? Any betters on flop or turn and who reraises vs folds vs calls his raise? CO was a little loose but no maniac.

Thanks for replies. I know I have to start using the converter but wife is beckoning me for dinner and I am new to this posting thing again.

TheLoser
09-19-2004, 08:16 PM
I had the exact same hand earlier on stars the chances of him having kj are not slim, don't you think he would bet a Q or T ar some point? I laid down my set and lived to see another day