PDA

View Full Version : 5 point spread,17-12, 8 mins to go defense as recievers.

Lori
09-19-2004, 06:57 PM
Anyone on either side of the CLE - DAL game feel like throwing up yet?

Lori

Lori
09-19-2004, 07:25 PM
Okay, now I'm sick, thankfully I saw it coming.

K.Winslow. Pass thrown left sideline at the Cleveland 15. PENALTY on CLV-J.Gonzalez, Offensive Holding, 1 yard, enforced in End Zone, SAFETY - No Play.

Congrats to Al and co, but I've lost on the last play of nearly everything I've touched this week so spare a thought for us newbies /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lori (Im sure my small losses are less than your big wins, so I'm not bitter /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Lori
09-19-2004, 07:26 PM
P.Dawson kicks onside 18 yards from CLV 20 to CLV 38. RECOVERED by CLV-A.Henry

Good God, can't they let me lose gracefully?

Lori

MicroBob
09-19-2004, 07:27 PM
Wow. A safety with 8 secs left.

I had Dallas at -5.

What a weird way to end up beating the spread.

Lori
09-19-2004, 07:29 PM
I had CLE at +5 and +5.5, those turnovers had me feeling giddy and when they punted to the 1, I knew that was it.

Congrats Bob /images/graemlins/laugh.gif (Browns have now officially lost after gaining one last chance)

Lori

scalf
09-19-2004, 07:31 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif if you're with big al..

ya laff

all
the

way

to the bank

another shoe-in winner..

gl
/images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ElSapo
09-19-2004, 07:32 PM
I had Dallas -5.5 and was thinking, "well, crap happens, I should have gotten the line when it was better." And then I flip back to Swingers, the scene where Mike and Lorraine are on the phone, and then I flip back and it's 19-12?

Wow.

Lori
09-19-2004, 07:33 PM
I was rather sad when I saw his shoe in was the exact opposite of my next best.

Nearly changed my mind, but I think I'd have regretted not betting it and winning far more than betting it and not winning.

I've cheered up a little now with the Bills limping across the spread though /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lori

AdamK
09-19-2004, 07:44 PM
Big Al is THE man..

Would you believe some UK bookies were -3.5 Dallas?
Check out the London based www.bluesq.com (http://www.bluesq.com); don't think they moved from -3.5 all week.

And once again, nice one Big Al - I owe you more than a few beers /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MicroBob
09-19-2004, 07:47 PM
FWIW Lori - I thought Brandon Webb might come through for you and considered it a pretty good pick for the other reasons you mentioned.

I have lucked out big-time today.

Had the money-line on the Bears (woo-hoo!!).

Also on the 49ers who almost pulled it out which would have made it a VERY good day.
I backed away from picking the Giants though.
I also stayed away from AZ-NE because I just wasn't overly excited about AZ's chances of keeping it within 8.

Lost the point-spread pick with StL.

Now it comes down to Cincy.
I really think the Dolphins are pretty bad and look for Carson Palmer to have a big night.
I have bets at a couple books on this one at -5 and -5.5.

But I think I'm just betting this one because I'm excited to see my Bengals on national TV. I've lived most of my life in the Cincinnati area. So any potential I might have for accurate analysis is likely askew.

Lori
09-19-2004, 07:56 PM
FWIW Lori - I thought Brandon Webb might come through for you and considered it a pretty good pick for the other reasons you mentioned.

That is appreciated more than you probably realise.

It's almost embarrassing posting here, but although I have a few more bets than I post here, I'll never be able to be honest with myself, or anyone else, unless I post in advance my real fancies.

I really think the Dolphins are pretty bad and look for Carson Palmer to have a big night.
I have bets at a couple books on this one at -5 and -5.5.

You're in deep trouble! I have the Bengals in the 3+1 challenge thread and a win will give me a positive score /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I WILL however improve through the season. When I get obsessed with something I try to get it right.

Now the only question is whether a brit who doesn't see many live games but follows things live on websites can get enough of a grip to do better than even. (We'll worry about beating the juice later /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

My reasoning for my pick in the other thread was that I can't see the Dolphins getting close to anyone, and I think they are still struggling to come to terms with Williams' messing around, and until they forget all about him they won't be doing anything.

Lori (Hang on, I CAN gloat... we won the Ryder cup /images/graemlins/laugh.gif )

Lori
09-20-2004, 12:23 AM
Sorry Bob, the nightmare is complete.

Lori

Easy E
09-20-2004, 12:31 AM
Look at my record... or scalf's!

Don't sweat it- come out swinging next week.

Lori
09-20-2004, 12:36 AM
No probs Easy.

Just thought that as I've listened to bad beat stories on the forums for 3 years that I'd have my own little whine.

I love your event and I shan't be giving up.

One vaguely interesting observation, remembering that being new I might have some odd traits, is that all four of my football picks and all three baseball picks have been extremely close to the line either way.

It may mean something about the way I think, or it could be a weirdo coincidence, either way I thought I'd mention it /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Lori

craig r
09-20-2004, 12:48 AM
How close to the line?

craig

Lori
09-20-2004, 12:50 AM
Baseball: -1 run -0.5 runs on victory margin +0.5 on run line.

Football: Bills +0.5 Bengals -1 Browns -3 Broncos -4

I think these are almost all the close ones on the list.

Lori

craig r
09-20-2004, 01:50 AM
I understand now. I thought you were saying that the line you came up with for games, was close to the closing line.

Maybe part of the reason that the final score is close to the line is because of a lot of linesmakers being ex-bettors. Maybe on a some of these games the "true line" is close to the posted line. or, maybe like you said, it is just a coincidence. any ideas or thoughts anybody?

craig