PDA

View Full Version : Play with PP's and overcard on flop - when to dump or call down?

jjb108
09-19-2004, 05:52 PM
Don't know how to play these but feel like I should be dumping them early with the A or K overcard. The second with a paired board is something that also comes up as well.

Thoughts on the play of these two hands

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG (poster) checks, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

River: (10.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

mrjetguy
09-19-2004, 09:46 PM
On the first hand I would check the turn. At this level people love to check raise, and they usually do it when they have something decent. So betting the turn doesn't make sense. If you had done that you could have gotten a free card and I would then call the river if he bet.

Second hand, once again you get checkraised on the flop. He probably is checkraising without a 7 or a K, most likeyl he has a 7. Don't over estimate the players at this level. I assume that they play pretty straight forward until I see other wise. So, you can assume pretty safely that he has you beat after the CR on the flop. So I would fold on the turn.