PDA

View Full Version : A8o in BB, paired board, turn play?

afk
09-19-2004, 05:15 PM
Typical loose passive Pacific $1/2 table. No read on villain.

I'm in BB with A8o (suits not important).
5 to the flop.

Flop is JJ3. checked around.
Turn comes 8. SB checks, I bet, EP quickly raises, everyone one folds. I fold.

Did I butcher the turn? Or do I go to showdown with this?

afk
09-19-2004, 09:25 PM
bumpsky

Jaran
09-19-2004, 09:57 PM
Hey afk,
Good fold. EP has a J. Even if he doesn't, the pot is teeny-tiny.

-Jaran

afk
09-19-2004, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey afk,
Good fold. EP has a J. Even if he doesn't, the pot is teeny-tiny.

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok yeah, that was my main concern. Were the pot bigger, I guess there could be an argument for continuing, but not in this situation.

Jaran
09-19-2004, 11:29 PM
I guess I am not sure whether you are being sarcastic or not, but if your question is if you should have bet the turn, I think the bet was fine. I think you played the hand just fine. (I'm gonna type fine here so I can have a bunch of fine's in the same post)

-Jaran

afk
09-19-2004, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I am not sure whether you are being sarcastic or not, but if your question is if you should have bet the turn, I think the bet was fine. I think you played the hand just fine. (I'm gonna type fine here so I can have a bunch of fine's in the same post)

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

haha no that wasn't sarcasm at all. I just think your comment is funny because I get told in real life occasionally that people can't tell whether I'm being sarcastic or not (I'm usually pretty sarcastic) and now that trend is spreading to the damn internet!

Jaran
09-19-2004, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...and now that trend is spreading to the damn internet!

[/ QUOTE ]

The real strange thing is I'm usually sarcastic in real life also, but have a terrible time conveying it over the internet. Maybe I should study your post.

-Jaran

kslghost
09-20-2004, 12:22 AM
I am unsure of necessarily folding this hand. While the potsize is small, you need to be right only about 1/3 of the time. Without a read on the villian, I may call him down just to make him show. What you might find could be a large variety of things - he could have an 8 as well, or he could be bluffing. However, due to the potsize, I do not disagree with the fold. However, I would make him show it in this case.

(Perhaps I am taking this hand too far, but I am generally hestitant to believe that a person has trips. I believe he may play an 8 with a strong kicker the same way.)