PDA

View Full Version : freecards are yummy

brassnuts
09-19-2004, 03:55 PM
3/6 live fun table

Hero dealed A /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif on teh button.
3 limpers, hero raises, BB + 3 call.

Flop:J /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif.
check, bet, fold, hero raises, fold, call.

Turn: 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
check, check.

River: A /images/graemlins/club.gif
bet, raise, call.

I've been cutting back on raising for a freecard but is this uber-standard?

NateDog
09-19-2004, 04:48 PM
I take em every time I can get em......but I'm weak/tight. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

joker122
09-19-2004, 04:52 PM
If this is your mentality, you're probably giving the free cards, not getting them.

NateDog
09-19-2004, 05:33 PM
Like I said, I'm weak.

In all honesty, taking free cards is a strategy that I am just getting familiar with (WLLH/SSHE). The way I am understanding, please correct me if I am wrong is to bet/raise the flop with a marginal hand in late position in order to have it checked around to you on the turn, giving you the opportunity for a free river card if needed.

Sundevils21
09-19-2004, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Like I said, I'm weak.

In all honesty, taking free cards is a strategy that I am just getting familiar with (WLLH/SSHE). The way I am understanding, please correct me if I am wrong is to bet/raise the flop with a marginal hand in late position in order to have it checked around to you on the turn, giving you the opportunity for a free river card if needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

your assesment of a free card is correct but...
[ QUOTE ]
I take em every time I can get em......but I'm weak/tight.

[/ QUOTE ]
that doesn't make any sense if you know what raising for a free card is.
You take them every time, meaning you raise when you're last to act hoping to get a free card on the turn? thats not weak tight

NateDog
09-19-2004, 05:53 PM
I shoulda said that I pick my spots to pull a freebie, but it seems most of my postflop play is marginal at best, so I pull a free card pretty often.

brassnuts
09-19-2004, 06:55 PM
Would anyone fold this river to a 3-bet?