PDA

View Full Version : The point of posting on 2+2 is....

LinusKS
09-19-2004, 01:55 PM
Opinions, please.

EjnarPik
09-19-2004, 01:59 PM
Other.

To learn, and to be entertained.

Ejnar Pik, Southern-Docks.

knightunner
09-19-2004, 02:00 PM
I may be missing some joke, but I am pretty sure that most people here post to help themselves become better players through a community of like minded people.

~knight

Sundevils21
09-19-2004, 03:13 PM
what a sad poll. LinusKS I think you are probably not getting the most of your time here. btw, do you know how great of a player I am? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

thirddan
09-19-2004, 05:04 PM
i used to post to become a better player, now its mostly to read Erostratus posts...

tubbyspencer
09-19-2004, 05:27 PM
The point of posting on 2+2 is....... to waste people's time by making them read stupid posts?

LinusKS
09-19-2004, 06:47 PM
Nope. You should try spending more time berating other players.

bisonbison
09-19-2004, 07:07 PM
I do it all for the children.

Dov
09-19-2004, 09:08 PM
The point of posting here for me is to improve my game and to help others who are interested in improving their game by discussing poker with like minded individuals who enjoy this pastime and share the same type of enthusiasm as I do about it.

Your entire poll, I'm afraid has missed the point of the boards.

At least you put the 'Other' option in there.

Dov
09-19-2004, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
now its mostly to read Erostratus posts...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

PrayingMantis
09-19-2004, 09:13 PM
Linus, if you are serious about this poll, I think you really don't get it. People show off here, people berate each other, people act like jerks, people are simply writing stupid things again and again.

HOWEVER, it's a goldmine of poker knowledge. Even if most of what is written around here is utter crap (this is only natural on such a public place), it's still an unbelievable source for getting into the "poker-mind". And the few great posters, well, reading them, however arrogant some of them are, is worth every second of being around here. That's how I see it.

BTW, some people consider David Sklansky to be the biggest prick in the world. So what? who cares?

LinusKS
09-21-2004, 07:26 PM
I'm not sure why you think I don't get "it." (Or, for that matter, how you could possibly think I was serious.) But I pretty much agree with what you just said.

Except for the part about Sklansky. I don't know if he's a jerk or not - I've never met the man.

The thing that I would add is that it's the posters who pose interesting questions and back up what they have to say with arguments and reasoning that represent the "gold" part the two plus two experience.

The ones whose posts end with, "and if you don't agree with me you're a moron," are almost universally a waste of space.