PDA

View Full Version : KTs utg - Turn play?

afk
09-19-2004, 12:34 PM
BB started the hand with about 7 BB in front of him, other than that, I've never seen him before. I think I know the line I should have taken, but I'd like comments.

edit: Forgot table read - typical loose passive party table.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Flop: (9 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero...

Sent
09-19-2004, 12:37 PM
I think you should call the turn and fold the river unimproved.

-Sent

afk
09-19-2004, 12:46 PM
Do you think all of my outs are clean? This would be a very thin call. Not that I'm arguing it, just a question.

Sent
09-19-2004, 12:56 PM
Yeah I think your 5 outs are clean, but there is the slight possibility of a flush draw. Unless he has a set, any K or T should be good.

-Sent

Greg J
09-19-2004, 12:56 PM
Aaron:

I have taken a couple of weeks off of playing as I am preparing for an EXTREME case of academic hazing (I still lurk here to take a break from studying though). So, keep that in mind as I ask this question: Why the preflop call here? Do you think limping with KTs UTG is +EV, even at the loosest and most passive tables?

Also: how is Party .5/1 compared to PS .25/.5?

afk
09-19-2004, 01:04 PM
Hey Greg,

Preflop call is fairly standard (though I was questioning it for a bit) - I checked SSH and even in the "tight games" section it recommends playing any two suited cards Ten or higher. KTs is probably more on the bubble, but I don't think so out there that it's wrong.

Party $.5/1 is just as easy or perhaps easier than Stars $.25/.50. I jumped in and felt right at home. If you've got the bankroll and you feel you've got the experience, I recommend making the jump. I plan to spend a lot of time at 1/2 (already started playing Pacific 1/2) and really work on my postflop game before I move on.

John White
09-19-2004, 01:45 PM
Whenever a loose-passive raises from the BB, I'm concerned about a big pocket pair or AKs. Without more information, and holding top pair with a good kicker, I'd probably call down.

afk
09-19-2004, 04:08 PM
In any case - I think the line I should have taken was the one Sent suggested (call turn, fold river unimproved).

I called him down (turn and river) unimproved and he showed JJ and took it.