PDA

View Full Version : I have to get my game back - part 5

flexus
09-19-2004, 12:10 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks.

River: (7.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.50 BB, between MP1 and Hero.</font>

First of all. Does the preflop coldcall suck?

I fiugured if BB had called my 3-bet on the flop the raise would have been for value. Is flat calling better?

John White
09-19-2004, 02:14 PM
I'm more concerned about your reasons for 3-betting the flop on a non-nut flush draw.

Entity
09-19-2004, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm more concerned about your reasons for 3-betting the flop on a non-nut flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. I would 3-bet with any reasonable flush draw here. It's for value if the BB comes along (he didn't, which sucks). You simply won't run into a higher flush against you often enough to do anything else here.

Your coldcall is borderline here because you've seen the action, and you don't have enough callers to really justify it. In the BB I'd call, the SB is probably a bit too loose for me. I don't think it's terrible, though.

Rob

flexus
09-19-2004, 05:42 PM
I 3-bet almost any flushdraw as long as enough people ar involved in the pot.

In this situation I also have 4 outs to the nut str8, which ads significant value to my hand.