PDA

View Full Version : Where did I go wrong here

norgule
09-19-2004, 10:47 AM
Im playing pretty tight on a table that raises almost every hand. Both players who stayed to river were very loose preflop and aggressive with anything post flop(betting at a coordinated flop of overcards often without even an overcard of their own or a pair, and hitting draws at the river like crazy)

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, MP1 calls.

right here on the the turn I was pretty sure SB had a king,
should I have checked?

River: (9 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP1 calls.
Do I check instead of betting?

Final Pot: 12 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12 BB, between Hero, SB and MP1.</font>

imported_stealthcow
09-19-2004, 10:54 AM
its not a draw heavy board, so i'd put one of those two dudes in front of you with a weak king and he's just check calling you. its possible that they both have worse hands, but usually by the river, esp because you're last to act i'd check behind.

if you knew these opponents were brain dead and could be calling down with any ace, then it might be worth putting more money in

MHarris
09-19-2004, 12:32 PM
Bet. You will get called by a worse hand from these players. If you have a strong reason to believe SB has a K that you didn't mention (i.e. you'd seen him check-call all the way with top pair bad kicker more than once), checking is a viable option.

Alobar
09-19-2004, 12:41 PM
you say these players were aggro with any peice of the board. since they are obviously not aggro here, so why do you think they ahve a king?

never check that turn, and betting the rivere will win you more in the long run from worse hands that call than it will single bets you lose when one of them holds a king