PDA

View Full Version : AA against the worst player alive.

bunky9590
09-19-2004, 10:24 AM
Same Borgata 1-2 NL game. This player is the MP from my KK hand. He won't fold to any reasonable raise or some big ones and I have my eyes set on stacking him. Its only a matter of time.

Bunky has 550 and is on the button with Mix matched Aces.
3 limpers to Co who makes it 12 to go (he's shoet stacked with only 20 left behind. Bunky on the button who makes it $35.00 straight. The wonderful MP cold calls the $35.00 back to him , Co pushes all in to call.

Flop Q /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (I have the A /images/graemlins/club.gif)
MP bets $20.00 (He would do this with bottom pair even), Co is all in already, I come over the top $50.00 more. He reraises instantly to 200. He has about 150 left. I know I'm going to see a showdown with Co all in. I decide to fold and wait for a better spot.

Co flips AK. MP flips? KTo for the flopped straight.
Bunky dodges the bullet. Though we do lock up in another one later on.

Standard play?

Chris Daddy Cool
09-19-2004, 02:07 PM
if MP is such a moron that he won't fold to anything, I would seriously consider raising to like 75 bucks (or pushing all in if you can get away with it) with your AA.

As far as the postflop play goes, AA can look like a monster, but it's not that type of hand that should be facing a 3-bet in NL. g00t fold.

bunky9590
09-19-2004, 04:21 PM
My thought process in the hand was to commit the shortyu to his stack and then lay the hammer down on loosey goosey on the flop.

This cat played like Ellix powers. Calling raises with 24o and such. He got on a major lucky run in the tourney to finfish 8th. The pros chewed him up there though. He was chip leader at the final table with 10 to go. He finished 8th. Kid didn't know when to stop.

If it weren't for his incredible luck I would have stacked him twice. (and he didn't manage to stack me)

This game was the most awesome sight Ive ever seen. Lederer was behind me and notice my full tilt shirt when I was playing. He actually sweated this hand from behind me. He said he like my raise and fold to the big reraise line with position. With the stacks the way they were against this clown it didn't pot commit me but I realized I got outflopped in a big way.

Told me to be patient and wait him out.

He's right.

Yeknom58
09-19-2004, 11:37 PM
"My thought process in the hand was to commit the shortyu to his stack and then lay the hammer down on loosey goosey on the flop."

I like a larger preflop raise. If the short stack liked his hand enough to raise it to 1/3 of his stack I'm thinking he's going allin no matter what and you pretty much want the loose guy to pay as much as possible.

bunky9590
09-20-2004, 08:49 AM
I thought the $35.00 reraise was plenty. the guy only had $2.00 invested and decided to call with KTo.

I actually wanted a call when he was hopelessly behind. He just happened to flop perfect.