PDA

View Full Version : I have to get my game back - part 2

flexus
09-19-2004, 09:52 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (11.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds, MP3 calls.

River: (13.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.75 BB, won by Button.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to Button.</font>

I figure this hand was brutally misplayed. I think I should either have folded to the flop raise or called him down.

Limp-reraises usually means AA or KK which also makes my prelfop cap a bad one.

What do you guys think? the player in question was entirely unknown to me. The pot is big, But given his preflop limp-reraise one can be almost sure he has me beat on the flop, right?

Bez
09-19-2004, 09:57 AM
I don't cap in this situation and think you're definitely behind when you are raised on the flop. I'd have folded it there.

Greg J
09-19-2004, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't cap in this situation and think you're definitely behind when you are raised on the flop. I'd have folded it there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the flop fold. However, I don't see how you can't cap preflop with QQ. But then maybe this is a whole in my game.

chesspain
09-19-2004, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the flop fold. However, I don't see how you can't cap preflop with QQ. But then maybe this is a whole in my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, people, WAKE UP! Hero can't fold the flop--he practically has the odds to see the turn for set value alone.

chesspain
09-19-2004, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I figure this hand was brutally misplayed. I think I should either have folded to the flop raise or called him down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think you played this fine. As I stated in another post, you can't fold the flop because you have the odds to turn a set. However, unless you know him to be a maniac, the flop raise would seem to be saying "I have at least an ace," making the turn fold reasonable.

[ QUOTE ]
Limp-reraises usually means AA or KK which also makes my prelfop cap a bad one...but given his preflop limp-reraise one can be almost sure he has me beat on the flop, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Arrgghh! Limp-reraises with AA/KK/AK usually come out of EP, when the player is afraid of folding everyone out with a raise. Limp-reraises from the button usually mean a pocket pair, a suited connector, or a suited ace. Although I think you were behind on the flop, you certainly were drawing live with set odds.

Greg J
09-19-2004, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Come on, people, WAKE UP! Hero can't fold the flop--he practically has the odds to see the turn for set value alone.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have also been accused of being weak-tight. So when do you let this go? Or do you? If you call the flop and check the turn is the pot too big at that point to leave no matter what?

If I'm wrong I'm wrong (and I very well may be), but I stand by my fold flop. Hanging around for a queen that might not even help you does not strike me as a good idea.

atrifix
09-19-2004, 11:02 AM
You seriously can't be thinking about letting this go to a flop raise. You're getting 21.5-to-1, which is more like 23.5-to-1 assuming MP3 and CO call behind you, which is more than enough to turn a set on pot odds alone. You'll make up more than the difference if you hit a Q on the turn. So I would have played this the same way.

[ QUOTE ]
Limp-reraises usually means AA or KK which also makes my prelfop cap a bad one.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've found that limp reraises at micro limits usually mean nothing without a specific read on the player. You can get limp-reraised by 77, AA, 67s, or J5o.

chesspain
09-19-2004, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have also been accused of being weak-tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your accusers stand correct.

[ QUOTE ]
So when do you let this go? Or do you? If you call the flop and check the turn is the pot too big at that point to leave no matter what?

[/ QUOTE ]

As I stated in another reply, I thought that Hero played this hand fine.

[ QUOTE ]
...but I stand by my fold flop. Hanging around for a queen that might not even help you does not strike me as a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting your limp-reraising Button opponent on exactly AA is an even worse idea.

afk
09-19-2004, 11:38 AM
Flexus,

I think you played this well. Folding the flop would be baaaaad.