PDA

View Full Version : Session stats for a profitable 5 hour session

Kips Bay Kid
09-19-2004, 09:13 AM
So would these classify as borderline maniac, or keep up the good work? Which stat in particular is going to get my ass handed to me? I normally do not play this LAG unless I have a fish (preferably two) at the table that I am trying to isolate and get HU with.

4 hours 40 minutes
432 hands (6 handed max table $2/$4)

54.4 VP$IP
25.9% win
37.2% Won $ WSF (when seeing flop)

$355 Amount won
19.0 BB/Hr
20.54 BB/100 Hands

39.5% Went To SD
55.2% Won $ at SD
28.5% PF Raise
14.4% Raise First In

ctv1116
09-19-2004, 10:08 AM
The VP$IP is way too high. Bring it down to at most 30% (probably lower) or that $355 you win will disappear very quickly.

Guy McSucker
09-19-2004, 12:40 PM
Given that you won 20BB/100, there's absolutely no way to tell how well you're playing from those stats. Winning 20BB/100 only happens when you run extremely good, and when you run good you get a different range of hands/flops than the norm, so the stats are meaningless.

Good afternoon's work, though. Well done!

Guy.

Blarg
09-19-2004, 03:47 PM
He said he had one or two fish and that's why his stats were so laggy. The desire to get heads up would explain the PFR and the VPIP being so high, as if he could successfully isolate the fish, he could play pretty substandard hands to do it, and raising is how he would isolate. From then on, it's about the fish's propensity to give enough action to compensate for all the raising and high VPIP. Looks like he founds some extremely juicy fish over a prolonged period of time. They must have been fishes indeed to make up for a 54% VPIP and a 28% PFR.

I've run at 13BB and over for some multi-hour sessions before myself, and that's without having someone I could reliably isolate, so I can see how having a determined donator to your BR could push you up near 20.

Course it won't last, but you gotta maximize it while you can. Only danger is not recognizing it when the table starts to change. Only one other shark competing with you for the major fish can spell disaster, as now you're not going against a dummy, but you sharks might bite big chunks out of each other in the feeding frenzy.

Kips Bay Kid
09-20-2004, 06:44 AM
Thanks Blarg -

Yes there were two juicy fish at this table in particular, also what I noticed is when another shark or two noticed what I was doing they started loosening up their starting hand requirements, if they became aggressive and I did not have a strong drawing hand I would exit, but I was finding them staying in a few pots longer then they should have while I was aggressive since they labeled me as a "maniac", they often stayed until the river to try and "expose" me so there was some nice side effects as a result.

Nate tha' Great
09-20-2004, 06:49 AM
You were overcompensating. And running real good.