PDA

View Full Version : KK facing limp reraise

Chris Daddy Cool
09-19-2004, 07:29 AM
Full Tilt 200 NL

UTG is unknown to me, apparently he's been at the table for a while but I haven't noticed him at all and he has the even 200 buy in, so it looks like he's tight? I have a 250 stack.

UTG limps. Folded to me in MP and I raise to 7. SB folds. BB calls. UTG limp-reraises to 25. I call. BB calls as well.

Flop: 9 7 5 r

BB checks. UTG bets 45.

What's my gameplan?

Muisyle
09-19-2004, 08:35 PM
nm, I'm an idiot.

cockandbull
09-19-2004, 09:22 PM
I think you put him on AA, but with little or no read on the guy he gets my stack if he has. The question is when. I probably call the flop bet and push the turn to a non A.

Yeknom58
09-19-2004, 11:11 PM
I say fold or push.

fimbulwinter
09-19-2004, 11:13 PM
fold or push, i'd lean towards fold.
i've never seen a player make this move with anything other than AA or KK; unless you have a read, you're either tied or way behind.

fim

Sweaburg
09-20-2004, 12:43 AM
I'm with Fimbul...you're tied or behind 95% of the time. You haven't got a huge amount invested. Fold.

Sundevils21
09-20-2004, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm with Fimbul...you're tied or behind 95% of the time. You haven't got a huge amount invested. Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

so I can limp reraise you with any two then bet the flop and you'll fold everything but AA or the flopped nuts?

fimbulwinter
09-20-2004, 01:20 AM
if you're an unknown, tight, weak player who plays small stakes NL online, you certainly can do it to me once or twice.

fim

edit:

your problem is this: nobody else at the table will think you have AA and will call you to the river. unless you know you'll be playing with me and only me (and you know my username), such a move with any two is huge -EV.

ChipLeader
09-20-2004, 01:56 AM
I dont understand why everyone is saying "fold or push". Obviously the guy has a hand hes happy with, which could be AA, KK, QQ, or POSSIBLY AKs. With absolutely no read on the guy, except that he hasnt been in a pot yet, i guess id fold and take note of it, see if he just overplays QQ, JJ, or AK, id rather find out when someone else's stack is at stake. If youre considering pushing, i would suggest min raising instead. If he comes over the top of you, you can be fairly certain youre beaten, or if you just have that gut feeling hes overplaying QQ or JJ, push now. If he flat calls, push the turn instead, you can save yourself 100.00 by raising for info rather than pushing and crossing your fingers.

bigfishead
09-20-2004, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fold or push, i'd lean towards fold.
i've never seen a player make this move with anything other than AA or KK; unless you have a read, you're either tied or way behind.

I use to say that too till the internet craze. Now I almost routinely see it with much less than AA. certainly changes my outlook and makes it harder to play this situation.

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

cockandbull
09-20-2004, 08:34 AM
Folding to this flop is bad imo. The way he has played rules out trips, possible hands could be AA, AK, KK, QQ, JJ and maybe 10 10. If you have been betting and raise alot which seems possible, i've seen people reraise with most of these hands, and bet the flop regardless.

If you plan to minraise his bet, you have to be sure that hes either going to come over the top with better hands or check the turn. If he will check the turn, then you can check behind and call the river. With no read though i'm not sure this will work.

Cheers

harry