PDA

View Full Version : Two problem hands

Zelcious
09-19-2004, 07:20 AM
Party 10+1$ NL single table tournament.
The first hand I played a bit weak. In fact I usually fold AT at this stage (any comments on that ?) The question is, did I the right thing when I folded ?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (5 handed)

Button (t2015)
SB (t1735)
BB (t540)
Hero (t1105)
MP (t2605)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t90</font>, MP calls t90, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (t225) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t95</font>, MP calls t95.

Turn: (t415) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t100</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP raises to t200</font>, Hero calls t100.

River: (t815) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets t2220 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t3035

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP doesn't show.
Outcome: MP wins t3035. </font>

In the second hand I folded my last 15 when the other shortstack went all in in hopes of some of the bigstacks calling. I only did this because he went all in, and I had a chance of perhaps fold my self into third place, if he had just raised I wouldn't hesitated a second of calling even though I had shitty cards and the flop didn't hit me at all.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed)

Button (t1240)
SB (t1020)
Hero (t215)
UTG (t5525)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls t200, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t600) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets t350</font>, Hero folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: t950

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. SB wins t950. </font>

MrFeelNothin
09-19-2004, 07:44 AM
Hand one: perfect example why you should never consider playing A10o here. A big trouble hand like this is hard to play out of position, even when you hit a pretty good hand. If I was going to play it I would definitely want it to be for a smaller pot, but I wouldn't play it.

Hand Two: I dont see any point in folding here, noone is going to go in when you have 15 left and a comeback is highly unlikely, however you are screwed anyways. Not a very interesting hand to me.

patrick dicaprio
09-19-2004, 10:50 AM
1. the first hand is really poorly played I think. you simply cant underbet the pot here on the flop and turn. bet the pot on the flop at least. Once you underbet the pot he could be playing almost any hand so it is not out of the question that he could have a five here. but since you played it weak he could simply be bluffing or could have a pair with two diamonds or god knows what.

by the way raising here UTG five handed isnt right here I dont think unless you know that you can take the pot on the flop with a good bet and if the board isnt scary. but this obviously wasnt your plan. the problem here is that if you get reraised you cant call.

on hand 2, i really dont understand your reasoning you should have gone all PF and hoped to have gotten lucky.

Pat

housenuts
09-19-2004, 05:25 PM
that play in hand 2 was ridiculous. you're up for the small blind next and have a 1 in 5 chance of getting the best hand. even if you win you'll end up with 30 or 45 chips and have to win another pot asap