PDA

View Full Version : [Insert creative/funny title]

Evan
09-19-2004, 07:07 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 (poster) calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (14.16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 14.16 BB

spamuell
09-19-2004, 09:44 AM
Are you worried that he's going to try for a check-raise after putting in the last action on the last street. Or are you worried that he has a hand that beats you but is checking because he is suddenly scared of the straight/flush card?

I would bet this river because he probably has KT, two pair or a set but the only likely set is 22 because he would probably have raised the others pre-flop, but AJ or QJ are standard limping hands.

Alobar
09-19-2004, 12:36 PM
looks fine to me.

BottlesOf
09-19-2004, 01:53 PM
Bet the river.

Evan
09-19-2004, 02:07 PM
Seriously? What do you put him on?

BottlesOf
09-19-2004, 02:44 PM
Seriously. I dunno, A2, AJ, AQ, KT?

I'm less afraid of sets b/c of the board that is out there. He probably doesn't have the big pairs b/c he limped up front. 22? Maybe he slowplayed 22, but many players won't play this low UTG.

Other than that, I guess KT, if he'd play that first in, but he checked the river. It seems that for some irrational reason he's afraid of a flush. Cool. Now, I don't need to worry about getting c'rd, if I am behind. All the more reason to bet and collect an extra bet when I'm ahead. Note that the 2/3 figure doesn't apply here.

If he's clever enough to c/r the river with broadway here, kudos to him, he outplayed me...or whatever.

However, you may have a read on him. I'm assuming he's an unknown. If he's a pretty timid, passive player, then check.