PDA

View Full Version : opening a can of worms

marko7777
09-19-2004, 04:28 AM
does anyone think it is possible to cheat online meaning,to see your hole cards by means of your computer or breaking into a site like pokerstars. im not new to poker i play alot on stars and ub. mostly stars and am asking this question because i see strange things happen in some games like plo 5-10 which i play play a lot of. just asking to see what other poker players think. ive played online for about two years and ever since 5-10 nl and pot limit games started at ub and stars thing seem to change. just wondering let me know what you guys think.

NLSoldier
09-19-2004, 06:09 AM
Welcome to the forum

No offense but you will quickily see that posts of this nature tend to get very little respect around here. Online poker is not rigged and other than some collusion there is simply no way to cheat.

emp1346
09-19-2004, 06:28 AM
i have a midget i pay to hack your computer...

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

GrannyMae
09-19-2004, 10:05 AM
5-10 nl and pot limit games started at ub and stars thing seem to change.

answering your first question, NO there is no way to hack your computer if you have a firewall and have taken the regular precautions. there is also no way to intercept the cards being sent to your computer from the site.

that being said, the games you describe are big targets for colluders. big bet games with high buy-ins were resisted in online play because of the possibility of collusion and fishies busting out early and hard.

as site security, and demand for these games grew, they were introduced. you must be very aware of your surroundings and take copious notes on your opponents in these games, then compare the notes to new people who start playing. look for patterns that would detect an ID change, and of course look for subtle indications of soft-collusion as well.

if you can't beat these games anymore, drop down in limits.

good luck

Lori
09-19-2004, 10:37 AM
Not only has that can been open for a long time, but the worms have all gone.

because i see strange things happen in some games like plo 5-10

A lot of strange things happen in plo 5-10, it's a game that attracts many true gamblers.

Lori