PDA

View Full Version : Respectable eBay Sellers?

Tron
09-19-2004, 01:11 AM
Does anyone know of any respectable eBay sellers of clay chips? Has anyone bought any and can share their experience? Thanks in advance...

GoblinMason (Craig)
09-19-2004, 01:50 PM
Yea, I bought my chips (13g w/the insert) from greatfuldad5 and my experience was fine.

-Craig

dcJohn
09-19-2004, 02:26 PM
I'd recommend www.pokerchipmart.com. (http://www.pokerchipmart.com.) I don't know if they advertise on Ebay, but they do have ebay-comperable prices.

I've had two good experiences with them. I ordered five of the 500 piece 11.5 gram dice chip sets (wedding gift for groomsmen), and all shipped the next day. I've also ordered a set of their 13.5 gram stripe suit chips for myself (which I like quite a lot for the $ and hardly ever see mentioned here) and a tabletop. Again, everything shipped next day when promised. The prices were comperable to what I saw on ebay.

In both cases I called them instead of just ordering online, since they don't seem to have a way to confirm what they have in-stock on the web pages. They were friendly and always checked to make sure they had what I was ordering in stock and letting me know when it would ship.

John

Jaraim
09-19-2004, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd recommend www.pokerchipmart.com. (http://www.pokerchipmart.com.) I don't know if they advertise on Ebay, but they do have ebay-comperable prices.

I've had two good experiences with them. I ordered five of the 500 piece 11.5 gram dice chip sets (wedding gift for groomsmen), and all shipped the next day. I've also ordered a set of their 13.5 gram stripe suit chips for myself (which I like quite a lot for the $ and hardly ever see mentioned here) and a tabletop. Again, everything shipped next day when promised. The prices were comperable to what I saw on ebay.

In both cases I called them instead of just ordering online, since they don't seem to have a way to confirm what they have in-stock on the web pages. They were friendly and always checked to make sure they had what I was ordering in stock and letting me know when it would ship.

John

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they sell very nice RT Plastics chips. You can also find some of the same chips on Ebay for cheaper.

I got the 1.25" label "Welcome to Las Vegas" chips for $120 without shipping on Ebay.

warewulf
09-20-2004, 01:27 PM
When dealing with Ebay sellers, feedback is everything. I have been on since 98 and have perfect feedback. Don't buy from anyone that is a new seller (under 10 or so feedback) or has a significant amount of negative feedback, like more than 1%.

Warewulf

TabascoJRC
09-20-2004, 01:38 PM
If noone bought from people with a short history, there wouldn't be anybody with a long history of positive feedback, With Square Trade and PayPal Proctection, you can be pretty confident in your purchases.
I wouldn't buy a car or anything really expensive from a new seller, but you gotta give em a shot, how else are they supposed to get there?

Twitch1977
09-20-2004, 04:05 PM
IMO This pokerchipmart.com is much more expensive then your average ebay prices. The set on pcm.com of 500 suited 11.5g chips in an aluminum case is $89.99 I bought the exact same set on ebay for $37. (Shipping was an added $25 I think not sure what pcm.com wants for shipping.)

I would definetely look on ebay before this place.

My 2 cents,
T

Matt24
09-20-2004, 04:43 PM
pokerparadise is a scammer, crap chips