PDA

View Full Version : QQ, Too Weak Tight?

Prevaricator
09-19-2004, 01:02 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (8 handed)

Hero ($369.85)
SB ($410.10)
BB ($180.05)
UTG ($380.95)
UTG+1 ($502.15)
MP1 ($818.85)
MP2 ($579.30)
CO ($436.45)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $4, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $4, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises to $16</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $16, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls $12, MP1 calls $12.

Flop: ($70) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets $20</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises to $50</font>, Hero folds, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises to $112</font>, MP2 calls $62.

Turn: ($294) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets $108</font>, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $402

MP2 said he folded JJ, which is the only he hand he could have that I beat. I don't know what MP1 had. I'm curious to know how other people play this (reraise pf, etc).

blendedsuit
09-19-2004, 02:20 AM
Weak tight play indeed. With no reads on your opponents, I think a preflop raise he is vital. You got what looks to be an ideal flop and still forced yourself to fold.

So next time, a raise to $35-$40 would be in order.

emp1346
09-19-2004, 02:22 AM
well first I'm sure you know that you can never believe what other people tell you they had or didn't have...

now as for the fold... I don't think it's necessarily the correct play IMO, as much as laying down that hand sucks... the reasons for this are first that MP2 raised PF, so you have a good idea that he's playing with something of course, as well as MP1 and UTG... on the flop, you're sitting behind a raise and a reraise, with the reraise coming from the PF raiser... that's pretty strong indication that they don't want someone drawing...

here's where it gets difficult, because now you're in front of two potential callers in the UTG and MP1, who already raised the pot himself... also, you'd be calling $50 for a pot that's only at about $120 right now... now this is where some read on the players comes in, as you kind of want an idea on how these guys play flush draws, for example... then, you have to make the decision as to whether or not you want to draw against a four-card flush... in this case, it looks like you didn't...

the thing is though, that had you called MP2, or even potentially raised (which is pretty much out given the raise+reraise), there's a chance MP1 would have dropped his potential flush draw and left you and MP2 to the remainder of the hand... realistically, just from my first impression of the hand, I doubt MP1 would have folded anyway...

long and short, I think, having seen what the turn was, that you made the correct play... but just really wanted to say that I don't know if folding here is always the right thing to do...

but that's just my look at things...