PDA

View Full Version : ATo standard turn bet?

Danenania
09-19-2004, 12:05 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $3.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 (poster) checks, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>

Is this just totally standard? I feel sort of weird betting in spots like this when it seems pretty likely that someone's draw just came in. On the other hand, giving a free card would be a tragedy. I guess I'm not sure why I posted this.

Oblivious
09-19-2004, 01:33 AM
Id be more worried about mp1 having a flush since he called 2 cold... but id still bet, since (youre right) a free card would be terrible.

Evan
09-19-2004, 01:37 AM
I don't like the preflop limp first of all. Fold or raise here (and I'd probably fold because I hate this hand). You have a limper and a random hand. Try to isolate and get postion. As for the turn bet, the only reasonable hands that you're beating are A7 and 89. You have to bet, but even in this big pot I feel like you could safely fold to a raise.

anatta
09-19-2004, 02:02 AM
Its 8 handed and you are three off the button with a decent ace. A limper and a poster, this is a raise for me all the time. (Buy the button, poster folds dead money, all the other reasons including you probably have the best hand).

Good bet on the turn. Somebody could have a flush, but there is a good chance they don't. Think about it this way, the poster has a random hand before the flop. He is less likely to be suited than someone who volutarily enters the pot. Although his play on the flop looks like he could be drawing, he could have any two pair, or 78. He doesn't even have to have that big a hand since he was trapped by you and cuttoff, he might have just made a loose call of 2 bets, and then called the cap just 'cause. Also if he has a flush, its probably not a big flush since again he has a random hand. Most players will bet their tiny flush on the turn, for fear of a free card.

The CO raised your flop bet which you opened with, his play doesn't look like a flush draw.

All that said, if someone has the flush and raises you, you clearly can't fold. You will be getting at least 11.5:1 on your 4 outter.

Danenania
09-19-2004, 03:35 AM
I didn't really notice the fact that it was 8-handed. That's a good point. However, at a full table I still think it's better to limp ATo in a spot like this.

anatta
09-19-2004, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't really notice the fact that it was 8-handed. That's a good point. However, at a full table I still think it's better to limp ATo in a spot like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know that feeling when you try to sneak in and hope nobody raises and then somebody raises? I try to make my opponents feel that way.

Danenania
09-19-2004, 04:16 AM
Heh. Yes, I know the feeling. I tend to try to give it to them with slightly better hands or in slightly better position though. Give me AJo or put me on the CO or button and I'll raise all day.

Trix
09-19-2004, 06:04 AM
Easy raise preflop after a poster.

CO like his hand alot or maybe he had a flushdraw on the flop. Anyways, both beats you, unless itīs A7. Check the turn and call one bet.