PDA

View Full Version : Suicide pool pick for Week #2- Lions?

Easy E
09-18-2004, 11:15 PM
I'm looking to get some questionable teams out of the way early.

The Lions over the Texans, at home, looks like a good one to risk it on.

Any thoughts?

josie_wales
09-18-2004, 11:17 PM
Easy,

Theidea of getting a bad team out of the way early is not a good one.

In general, depending on the size...these things might only last between 6-8 weeks.

Thus, you will only need to use 6-8 teams.

Even if it is ten teams you have to use, the lions shouldnt be one of them.

jw

blownheadgasket
09-19-2004, 12:19 PM
Agreed - I got killed with this two years ago, taking a mediocre Ravens team over Carolina on the road. I dont think you'll ever need to use the Lions. Avoid road favorites as well and you should do well

MrDannimal
09-19-2004, 01:03 PM
You couldn't pay me to take the Lions this week, and I live 50 miles from the stadium and have been a fan all my life!

I agree with the rest, I don't buy into taking a "bad" team early so you're not stuck with it later. Even if it goes 10 weeks, you're likely to have a better than average team to pick in week 11.

The only times I'd go away from picking the team I thought had the best chance to win is if it was going to be picked by a big % of people in the pool (so if I pick "off" I can be part of a very small group if there's a big upset). That's often not the case in Week 2 of a Suicide pool. In part because there's only one team you can't pick, in part because "smart" people are looking for "clever" ways to advance.

Lots of people will probably take the Pack. Unless it's like 90% of the pool, I probably would too. Also, the Chiefs if you want to pick "off". Carolina, banged up (no starting RB, no starting WR), on the road, against a high scoring team, coming off a bad home loss. Chiefs roll.