PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical AA hand

Brian462
09-18-2004, 09:41 PM
You're at a Party $25 max buy-in NL. You have a stack of about $50. It's been maybe 30 hands so you don't have any really strong reads on anyone.

3 limpers to you on the button and you pick up AA. You raise to 3 dollars and are called by all 3 players(which is somewhat unusual at this table). 2 of the players have you covered and the 3rd is left with 10 dollars after the call.

The flop comes down K65 rainbow and all 3 players check to you. The pot is about $12 and you bet $10. One of the big stacks puts you all-in and the other 2 players fold. As far as reads go, you haven't seen this player raise preflop yet and he hasn't played a hand past the flop(though it's only been 30 hands).

Do you make this call or fold?

Jord4n
09-18-2004, 09:58 PM
Call.

ChipLeader
09-18-2004, 10:11 PM
Id say call, as this looks more like AK than a set. If he had flopped his set on you it isnt likely that he'd push, for fear of scaring you off. If there was a flush draw id think maybe he was pretecting trips but in this instance it looks like AK to me. This is why you need to get better reads on players if youre going to play AA so soft,3.00 isnt going to scare many PartyPoker players.

Brian462
09-19-2004, 12:03 AM
I agree this is a calling situation.

What actually happened is that when I bet out the ten everyone folded. The thought just crossed my mind that if one of the big stacks goes all in over the top I will have a tough decision since they are both pretty tight, sane players.

What size does your stack have to be(assuming you are fully covered) to turn this call into a fold?

cagedman
09-19-2004, 12:32 AM
I think I'd make this call on a dry pot... which would mean any stack size.

allLiving
09-19-2004, 02:51 AM
Easy call.