PDA

View Full Version : Another question on SNG strategy...is this standard?

Entity
09-18-2004, 09:04 PM
Villain was far too aggressive, involved in lots of pots throughout the tournament with subpar hands (Q5o early on out of the blinds, etc.). Not sure if pushing is right here, but I'm pretty sure it is.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed)

BB (t9335)
UTG (t3200)
Hero (t4035)
SB (t10430)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t800</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises to t1400</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t4010</font>, SB calls t2610.

Flop: (t8070) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t8070) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (t8070) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t8070

rjb03
09-18-2004, 09:31 PM
When you say he was involved in too many pots, do you mean he reraised raisers with nothing? The mini reraise to me usually screams big pair. Usually when you see someone who limps into a lot of pots raising, he actually has a very good hand.

Entity
09-18-2004, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When you say he was involved in too many pots, do you mean he reraised raisers with nothing? The mini reraise to me usually screams big pair. Usually when you see someone who limps into a lot of pots raising, he actually has a very good hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
He would often reraise with any ace. I had only seen him with one big pair, and he simply check/called that one until the opponent went all-in.

Rob

LinusKS
09-19-2004, 12:39 AM
I'm guessing this is a two-table game, by the number of chips you all have - not that it makes a difference, except you're already in the money.

I don't much like your play here, unless the villain was so aggressive you felt like he was just running all over you - presumably with nothing, at least most of the time.

I don't think you need to know exactly what he has here. Even if he has crap like QT or K9, he still has two over cards. You don't need to be playing for all your chips on a coinflip hand.

I might try a 3x raise, with a fold to a reraise.

The main thing is the bb is 200 and you have 4000, so there's no reason to be desperate yet.

The only way I'd want to be all in here is if he was virtually reraising every hand.