PDA

View Full Version : 99 gets hot, multiway action

jacki
09-18-2004, 03:18 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: JACKI is CO with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">JACKI raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, JACKI calls, Button calls, SB calls.
<font color="blue"> Raise here? </font>

Turn: (12 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">JACKI bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $3.50 (All-In), UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (17.87 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">JACKI bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 19.87 BB

Alobar
09-18-2004, 03:30 PM
I dont raise this preflop.

not raising the flop is good. wait and see what the turn holds. If its a good card, then pop it.

jacki
09-18-2004, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why not?
Middling pocket pair, everyone will call, big pot, i probably have the best hand right now.

Alobar
09-18-2004, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why not?
Middling pocket pair, everyone will call, big pot, i probably have the best hand right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, you have the best hand right now, but you likely wont against alot of people once the flop comes. And if you do, you've now made the pot so big that they will automatically see the turn, and you lose the chance to protect your hand on the flop becuase it most likely gets checked to you

challenger84
09-18-2004, 04:39 PM
I like the raise preflop. With 4 people already in, and at least 1-2 more likely callers, you're almost getting immediate value on your raise just on odds to hit a set alone. Factor in implied odds if you hit a set, and the chances that you'll get a favorable flop like you did, and I think it's a clear cut raise.

spamuell
09-18-2004, 04:54 PM
not raising the flop is good. wait and see what the turn holds. If its a good card, then pop it.

This is getting so overused. I see lots of posters advocating this play with specifically 99 on an undercard board and I really disagree when there are lots of players in. No, you're not going to make them all fold but it's still +EV to get money in the pot with the edge you have on the flop. If you could be assured that you would have a doubled edge on the turn then waiting is fine, but about half the deck are scare cards on the turn. Furthermore, on a board like 877, there are going to be lots of ridiculous straight draws and overcard draws which are calling a flop raise and not a turn one.

Raise the flop.