PDA

View Full Version : 77 in MP1

Fiddler
09-18-2004, 05:22 AM
The table was a little tight after a couple of players left but both SB and BB were loose with VP$IP around 40%.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Figured not enough players would call if I limped so I might as well try to fold a couple of extra players by raising.

Flop: (15 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

Ok, so it didn't work but the flop doesn't look so bad.

Turn: (9 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

River: (11 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Thoughts?

btspider
09-18-2004, 11:42 AM
i would still limp preflop. you just need one player between you and the blinds to limp and this will likely be 5-way on the flop, more than enough to play any PP.

the rest looks good given the size of the pot, especially once BB folds. i think you can bet this river since you are likely against 5x. then again, i'm not sure if you call or fold to a raise /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fiddler
09-18-2004, 02:15 PM
I got scared by the third club... SB showed ATo and my hand is not good.