PDA

View Full Version : I try to play well?

bicyclekick
09-18-2004, 03:46 AM
I was discussing this hand with a friend and we didn't quite agree on exactly how I played this hand.

What do you guys think?

mp1's note is
{{VPIP: 39, PFR: 23, AGG: 1.5
Hands: 1,049, RiverF: 32, CR: 2.15
WSD: 47, W$SD: 46
ASB: 58, FBB: 34
WF-F: 9, WF-T: 3, WF-R: 3, WF-NF: 28}}

others are unknowns.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG posts a blind of $15. Hero posts a blind of $15.
<font color="CC3333">UTG (poster) raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero (poster) calls, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16.66 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (12.33 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

River: (20.33 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP calls.

Final Pot: 23.33 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 23.33 BB, between BB, MP and Hero.</font>

Steve Giufre
09-18-2004, 03:51 AM
Looks good to me. I cant imagine doing anything other than raising the turn and betting the river if thats what you are curious about.

bicyclekick
09-18-2004, 03:55 AM
/edit I sent him the hand in pokerhand.com format and he misread it.

He now fully aggrees with how I played it after seeing this thread.

skp
09-18-2004, 05:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

mp1's note is
{{VPIP: 39, PFR: 23, AGG: 1.5
Hands: 1,049, RiverF: 32, CR: 2.15
WSD: 47, W$SD: 46
ASB: 58, FBB: 34
WF-F: 9, WF-T: 3, WF-R: 3, WF-NF: 28}}

[/ QUOTE ]

Please translate this stuff.

bicyclekick
09-18-2004, 05:32 AM
VPIP voluntarily put $ in pot
PFR pre flop raise
AGG total aggression rating
Hands number of hands in PT db
RiverF folded to a river bet %
CR Check raise %
WSD went to show down
W$SD won $ at SD
WF-F when folds flop, turn, river, no fold.

stoxtrader
09-18-2004, 09:50 AM
why no 3 bet on the flop?

bicyclekick
09-18-2004, 12:34 PM
/edit the hand history thing musta biffed this one, cause it wasn't 6 handed. It was a full table.

stox - I think the way I played it is the best way to win the most when I'm ahead, lose the least when somebody has AA or a 9 even and does the best job of protecting my hand, not that most people are going to be drawing to more than 2 outs anyhow. The only hands that are at all hurting me on the flop are gutshots and they may not even fold anyhow. I'll try to make sure they dont get there on the river by raising the turn.

It would be really hard to 3 bet me on the turn with a hand like AA because my play so far has been pretty consistant with at least a 9 or something like JJ. The other part is 15/30 players love to bluff when a scare card comes so they're not gonna totally believe me and go into good ol call down mode. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Make sense?

1800GAMBLER
09-18-2004, 01:37 PM
Not capping preflop is just silly.

The chances that 1. a player behind you would incorrectly call 3 bets with a hand that 2. he wont call 4 bets with times 3. the chances he has this hand are slim to none. You are just doing a good job of missing value.

You are doing a good job of it on the flop too since this is getting incorrectly capped a huge percentage of the time on the flop and then you still have the option to raise the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
The only hands that are at all hurting me on the flop are gutshots and they may not even fold anyhow. I'll try to make sure they dont get there on the river by raising the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

What gutshots? Not only is KQ the only one it's 1. very unlikely to be out there 2. is a very small range of their possible hands 3. playing in a way to cost it money doesn't overweigh the money you are costing yourself by doing this 4. Would it be sweet to charge him 2bbs on the flop and then 2 more on the turn?

TwoNiner
09-18-2004, 01:59 PM
Agree with 1800gambler. You have to cap preflop. The original raiser probably knows mp1 raises a ton preflop so his cap shouldn't mean AA as often as a normal preflop cap. So on the flop raise it, and as was said it will be bet into a good amount of time on the turn while you are still ahead.

Nightwish
09-18-2004, 04:52 PM
I would cap preflop and 3-bet the flop. The former is because I don't expect anyone other than UTG and MP calling anyway and the latter because the pot is starting to get big enough (not to mention that you still almost certainly have the best hand).

Joe Tall
09-18-2004, 05:02 PM
Versus a ~LAG, not capping preflop is silly. Other than that, you played well postflop. I like your line.

Peace,
Joe Tall